Dish of the month (May): suggestions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
6:04 AM
'Dish of the Month' focusses on an accessible and generic dish, so that if they wish, members can join in, cook and post the results. Its non competitive. So far we have had frittata, burgers, pizza and tortilla based dishes, savoury pies, pasta salad, pancakes/waffles, gratins and kebabs, meatloaf, chilli and currently risotto.

New suggestions are welcome but it needs to be a dish with fairly easily available ingredients in our various countries and a dish which offers the chance for different interpretations.

Past suggestions have included potato salad, macaroni cheese, bread, and strudel. Please feel free to support one of these suggestions or add new ones, with the above criteria in mind. We will make a decision based on which dish gets most mentions, so please join in and support a suggestion or come up with another idea.

Asian style dumpling (as opposed to the dumplings that go in stews)?

Or there is stir fries.

I could do either.
I think just any kind of dumpling would be fine. But I like stir fries, too. I do it every couple of months and I just did a rice and veggie stir fry a few days ago, so not sure if I would do it again so soon.

I would suggest soups.
I like soups, but I usually don't cook them this time of year. My soup season just ended with the warmer weather and I probably won't make soup again until October.
Wrong time of year for Texas.

I am warming to the idea of mac-n-cheese, as there are so many "gourmet" versions popping up in restaurants these days.

CD
I make mac-n-cheese pretty regularly with several types of cheese, butter, cream, and put grilled chicken on the bottom and bacon on the top. I saw a lobster mac and cheese on a menu a few years ago that looked good, too. I'd be okay with mac n cheese I guess.

I have a good vegan Mac & cheese, but it's a pretty limited combination if you can't have dairy...

I can go either way.

Soups, nothing special. I eat those most days, all weathers (I've found a great range of cold soups over the recent years, something that never occurred to me previously). But to be honest soup isn't a specific dish and I don't think it's what MG had on mind for this challenge.

I just made tacos, so…tacos!
I'm game for tacos or burritos. We eat those pretty regularly, but not the kind with the ground beef, lettuce, and cheese a la Taco Bell. We usually put chicken and fajita veggies in ours unless they are breakfast tacos/burritos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom