Do people get set in their taste as they get older?

Not even mushy peas? Isn't that some sort of English transgression to not like peas (especially mushy ones)?
Yes it is, peas appear in all sorts of dishes, it’s common to throw in a handful of peas in allsorts and while it makes me feel like a fussy eater and I should just shovel them down my fork never gets the message and just wobbles its way around them 😂

I do like mushy peas, crème fraiche peas and pea pesto a lot. It’s not their flavour it’s the empty skins once the good bits popped out that I don’t like. So a textural thing I suppose.

Yes it is, peas appear in all sorts of dishes, it’s common to throw in a handful of peas in allsorts and while it makes me feel like a fussy eater and I should just shovel them down my fork never gets the message and just wobbles its way around them 😂

I do like mushy peas, crème fraiche peas and pea pesto a lot. It’s not their flavour it’s the empty skins once the good bits popped out that I don’t like. So a textural thing I suppose.
Ever tried fresh or frozen baby/young peas just barely cooked to where they are still bright green? No separation at that point. It's the only way the 2 of us will eat them.

Ever tried fresh or frozen baby/young peas just barely cooked to where they are still bright green? No separation at that point. It's the only way the 2 of us will eat them.
I'm partial to them that way myself though I'll eat them however cooked.

I'm not that keen on peas either but I do adore mushy peas. Its not so much texture with fresh/frozen peas as their sweetness. I will eat them though. I never noticed them popping out of skins...

I'll eat almost anything likely to be available except mayo, taramasalata and coconut cream all of which cause some sort of intolerance and upset my stomach. I do love offal of any type.

Yes 👍 My mother in law has a large kitchen garden and the veg from that is superb, the peas are a million times better than normal peas 🫛 but I still don't like them.

Perhaps if all peas were like that and they were my first expert peas I wouldn't have taken against them!

I'm not that keen on peas either but I do adore mushy peas. Its not so much texture with fresh/frozen peas as their sweetness. I will eat them though. I never noticed them popping out of skins...

I'll eat almost anything likely to be available except mayo, taramasalata and coconut cream all of which cause some sort of intolerance and upset my stomach. I do love offal of any type.
But you've kinda always been that way, right?

So you wouldn't be fancying a taramasalata mayo sandwich then? 😆 🤮

So...
I may be the opposite
I like green peas, but mushy peas to me are like peas that someone else ate before me :wink:
I like (shelled) peas either way, but I prefer mushy peas because they’re easier to eat. I rarely have a side that’s just peas, because they’re too much trouble to eat.

So...
I may be the opposite
I like green peas, but mushy peas to me are like peas that someone else ate before me :wink:
When my kids were little they were like that about refried beans, which is basically just mashed pinto beans with some bacon or bacon lard and sometimes a little cream (when I make them I use a little milk or cream in mine).

How do you like mashed potatoes?
I can do mashed potatoes, but I do prefer a coarse mash.
There is this Dutch dish called "hutspot" and it's potatoes mashed with carrots and it even looks like i described earlier on. Not my favourite, but no issue if coarsly mashed. Not with a ricer but with this type of masher aardappelstamper 32.5cm rvs - HEMA

Don't get me wrong: I will eat refried beans, mushy peas and alll. I just got a vivid imagination :)

There is this Dutch dish called "hutspot" and it's potatoes mashed with carrots and it even looks like i described earlier on. Not my favourite, but no issue if coarsly mashed. Not with a ricer but with this type of masher aardappelstamper 32.5cm rvs - HEMA

Don't get me wrong: I will eat refried beans, mushy peas and alll. I just got a vivid imagination :)
You are no baby bird, LOL.

I too like a coarse mashed potatoes, which was a bit of a learning curve for my husband when we met, as he likes (liked) his whipped to a smooth consistency. I like them well-cooked, mind you, but I do like some soft lumps in there. He has gotten used to eating them my way since I am not his mom and I am going to cook them how I like them. Sorry MIL!

My hand hurts just looking at that masher 😂

Back
Top Bottom