Do you eat boiled eggs with soldiers?

• Yes, often

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No, never

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Egg salad on soft white, side o' potato chips for breakfast yesterday.

I was tempted to cut it into soldiers.

1127181039b.jpg

It's my work in my "Egg salad Noir" series

Last edited:
Lol.
Yes.

Some day, someone who is looking to program an android on how to appreciate a contrast in textures, this (egg salad and chips on soft white) will be the benchmark.

I occasionally enjoy a egg and mayonnaise sarnie.

View attachment 20833

And I usually eat a hard boiled egg with a curry.

View attachment 20837

Yorky, if you like mayo and egg, then you have to try this. My club sammys have a layer of curried egg mayo as a layer. Everyone that has tried it loves it.
2 eggs soft mashed with knob of butter 1/2 teaspoon of store bought curry powder. Then home made Mayo with condensed milk mixed with mustard powder pepper and malt vinegar. Just enough to make the egg mixture moist.
Try it, it's yummy.

Russ

In the USA, it seems that boiled eggs served in eggcups are not commonly seen and I gather that many homes don't possess eggcups. In the UK almost everyone will have eaten eggs this way. They are popular for breakfast - the 'soldiers' are fingers of bread or toast to dip. So a quick poll...

How about in New Zealand, Australia, Italy, Bulgaria, France, Thailand, Canada, Guernsey (from where or where we have active members)?

Here is a pretty blue egg I ate recently:

View attachment 20663

I do have egg cups and use them frequently.

I haven't invited any soldiers in for breakfast lately, so I haven't eaten them with soldiers.... (chuckle).

I love soft boiled eggs, and don't really care for them diluted with bread. I just dip in with a spoon. Or, I might put them directly on lightly cooked spinach or fried onions or bacon.

I haven't invited any soldiers in for breakfast lately, so I haven't eaten them with soldiers.... (chuckle).

:laugh:

I love soft boiled eggs, and don't really care for them diluted with bread. I just dip in with a spoon. Or, I might put them directly on lightly cooked spinach or fried onions or bacon.

Ah! I see you are a natural born CookingBites member. You see, we are BIG on eggs here and the majority of us love soft, runny eggs. :okay: Oh yes!

Back
Top Bottom