Do you ever skip any meals?

akasha24

Veteran
Local time
3:10 AM
Do you ever skip any meals or are you strict about having breakfast, lunch and dinner all the time?

If I skip a meal, I must be ill.

Or, sometimes, we have a large late breakfast, so we don't need lunch.

When I was much younger I used to skip breakfast and lunch and just eat a large evening meal followed by some snacks during the later evening. I worked a 70 hour week at the time too so it fitted with my 'busy' life. Unfortunately that same lifetyle also lead to ill health, so I had to review and adjust.

I now don't skip meals and always have a breakfast - a quick snack if time is running short, but usually a bowl of granola or porridge or some other cereal; a sandwich or pasta for lunch, then an evening meal and, if I can manage it, no more after that. :thumbsup:

I tend to skip a meal from time to time. Before I use to have three meals, but I started skipping and skipping until I was eating only one if that. I have started to take care of myself so I am trying to get back to three meals. I have at least one right now and I.am working my way up to two. Eventually I will get back to three.

I try not to but whenever we go out to eat late, I'd end up skipping one meal. Sometimes I'd feel not hungry and don't feel like eating at all. Like today,I just feel super tired all the time and just want to sleep. I think I am under the weather though.

All the time. I eat when I'm hungry and that's it, I rarely pay any attention to what time it is. So usually something about an hour after I wake up... and then 2-3 meals during the day/evening.

Lately I have been skipping a few meals. I just don't have as much of an appetite as I use to. I don't know why, but I just don't eat as much as I use to. I am trying to do better but I am having a hatd time with that.

Growing up, I skipped meals all the time as a teenager (and often only eat once a day), but over the years I gotten used to having meals at a certain time.

Now it is 3 small meals a day and if I want snacks in between, I have them and don't worry about it. My body responds to this approach much better. If i am craving sugar, I know I am going down with something and need to get an early night and rest up (I get no choice in this, even a simply cold will end up as a recurrent chest infection leaving me on steriods for months). Meals have set times, simply because that's when I get hungry. Not sure which came first, the time or the hunger, but I get hungry at 6am (breakfast if I am up - otherwise as soon as I get up), lunch at midday and evening meal is roughly 6-6:30pm depending on when my OH gets home, which would probably explain why I am often hungry at midnight! :laugh:

I try to avoid skipping meals, but sometimes is impossible stick by a regular meal schedule and sometimes lunch becomes brunch and dinner turns into supper, or there are none.

Personally if I know that time will not allow me to have my 3 meals set on time, I try to keep up breakfast, as this is the most important meal of the day.

Then I may skip lunch and go straight to dinner, but usually having some snacks in between.

I have been able to stick with one small meal and one big meal a day. I need to do better because sometimes I wind up only eating one big meal a day.

Tony and I tend to snack on fruit through the day, then have one main meal at night. I have to take a lot of medication in the morning, so I might have a hard boiled egg, a glass of milk or maybe a couple of slices of lean ham before that, as some of the meds need to be taken with food. However, we're in Spain and it's hot at the moment. When we're in the UK, we tend to have two meals a day - usually a late breakfast/early lunch and then a main evening meal around 7.00pm. It works for us, because we don't do hard physical work or lead very busy lives.

That said, we had breakfast in a local cafe this morning, and I'm now feeling hungry, and it's only 2.30pm!

I did get into the habit of skipping breakfast and noticed that there was not much of an advantage at all. It did not do me much of good and I was told that the ill-effects would be seen at a later stage in life. So, I did not find it prudent to continue doing it and went back to my original habit of having the three meals - morning, afternoon and night.

I have started eating breakfast and dinner but I have not been able to eat lunch. I know I need to start eating three meals a day but it's hard for me since I'm use to skipping. I will continue to try though.

Do you ever skip any meals or are you strict about having breakfast, lunch and dinner all the time?

I have not skipped meals for a while now but.... well, I think I'm going to try skipping lunch for a while and see if it offers any benefits. I wouldn't skip breakfast or I'd definitely have a crash by mid morning. But we eat a rather early dinner, so I am going to experiment to see how skipping lunch works for me.

Back
Top Bottom