Do you have a favourite food region?

ChowDownBob

Supersize Me!
Local time
11:18 AM
I'm not from Thailand but absolutely love Thai cuisine; in particular the curries.

Do you have a particular food region favourite?

i am going to cop out here and say new world food "pacific rim"this covers a multitude of sins,but old school tradition has got to be French,same as wines,
but this one is a hard one for me

I'm not from Thailand but absolutely love Thai cuisine; in particular the curries.

Do you have a particular food region favourite?
Either Asian or Mediterranean. Asian because the food is SO flavorful, full of spices and seasonings. I LOVE pekking duck, I love spring rolls, good curries, good sushi. Man, Asian food is awesome. Mediterranean food is fresh and decadent when it needs to be but there are also light salads and cevices and things like that. It's like choosing between which one of my kids (of which I have none) is my favorite.

I really don't. I just like to explore food in its most original form. I'd trade a 5 star restaurant dinner for a meal from a grandmother anywhere any day.

So many cuisines for so many reasons!

I love Italian food because my mom is Italian and so all that food is very 'comfort food-like' to me. Grew up eating so much of it!

I'm also very fond of Japanese cuisine, Indian and Thai lately.

Oh, and Mexican food!

Starting to think that maybe I just like food in general :wink:

It would have to be the Indian sub-continent. I have to confess that I felt a bit smug when I went to Sri Lanka as a tourist and watched the meat-eaters having trouble getting their pound of flesh. I would stress that while I'm a vegetarian, I have no problem with people eating whatever they want to eat, but it was such a reversal of the usual carnivore/veggie role that it made me laugh. And the curries were blissful.

I enjoy eating Jamaican food. I am not from there but I am crazy about the food. There is nothing like the taste of their food. They steam and smoke a lot of their food. They are unlike us that when we cook a lot of our vegetables, we boil them and remove a lot of the nutrients and flavor. I could eat this any day.

It would have to be India, Jamaica, Vietnam and Morocco (I just love spicy food). But there are probably lots of other regions which do spicy food. India, like many countries has a wide range of cuisines, depending on which region. Think I like them all.

Chinese and indian [genuine curry] but sadly curry and me no longer 'get on' at all well. However I do like good solid engish food if well cooked - there is a lot more of it [and it is a lot better] than people seem to imagine.

Chinese and indian [genuine curry] but sadly curry and me no longer 'get on' at all well. However I do like good solid engish food if well cooked - there is a lot more of it [and it is a lot better] than people seem to imagine.
Is it the chilli that is the problem? My daughter hates chilli so when I make a curry, I sometimes use LOADS of black peppercorns to spice hers up then add chilli to everyone else's. reckon you can make a decent curry without chilli (though as a chilli-head, I love really hot curry! Bring on the Scotch Bonnets, Naga and Scorpion chills! :hyper:

Is it the chilli that is the problem? My daughter hates chilli so when I make a curry, I sometimes use LOADS of black peppercorns to spice hers up then add chilli to everyone else's. reckon you can make a decent curry without chilli (though as a chilli-head, I love really hot curry! Bring on the Scotch Bonnets, Naga and Scorpion chills! :hyper:
Wish it was as simple as that ! Used to love a [fairly] mild curry but now they just do seem to agree. Whatever I try I seem to be still eating it 24 hours later [even more sadly I fing the same with good old British fish and chips :cry:] However at least it does encourage me to experiment with more old English foods.

In Singapore, it is called Briyani and in Hongkong it is Biryani. My favorite in Honkong is the lamb biryani. It's an Indian cuisine so expect it to be spicy. But the exact tenderness of the lamb together with the long grains of saffron-flavored rice is perfect. We never fail to eat lamb biryani in Ebeneezer, the best restaurant that serves the best lamb biryani.

As for the briyani in Singapore? That's another story.

Wish it was as simple as that ! Used to love a [fairly] mild curry but now they just do seem to agree. Whatever I try I seem to be still eating it 24 hours later [even more sadly I fing the same with good old British fish and chips :cry:] However at least it does encourage me to experiment with more old English foods.

Gosh, poor you. Presume it must be the spices (not just chilli) in curry. But wonder what on earth could be in Fish and Chips to do that. Are you OK with chips alone? I have a bad reaction to mayonnaise. Have you tried buying a sandwich without mayo? :( I get the same reaction with Taramasalata - makes me feel sick for about three hours after eating. Something to do with the richness, I think. I don't really like fatty foods very much and don't even like chocolate or cream.

Back
Top Bottom