Do you have any scars (burns or cuts) from cooking?

I've not cut my self for ages , and last Saturday I cut my trigger finger while carving ducks and it's still a open wound a week latter , I've worn gloves plasters and left it open at night and it still keeps opening up and gushing the red stuff:oops:

I've not cut my self for ages , and last Saturday I cut my trigger finger while carving ducks and it's still a open wound a week latter , I've worn gloves plasters and left it open at night and it still keeps opening up and gushing the red stuff:oops:
Sounds like it needs a little bit of tape over the actual cut holding the edges together. I usually use either micropore tape or a player e without the absorbent pad in it.

I sliced the tip of my finger (a tiny bit) basically clear off with a mandolin slicer once, when I was cutting up veggies for a stir fry.
Needless to say I have vowed never ever to use a mandolin slicer again - the mere sight of them sends me freaking out!

I do have a few small scars on my hands from cooking. They are burn scars from oil. I also have a small scar on my left hand on my ring finger knuckle. This accident was not caused by cooking but caused by doing the dishes. I managed to grate my knuckle while cleaning the cheese grater. I do get hurt in the kitchen but still love cooking. Most of my injuries are small and never turn into scars.

@kateash you have just reminded me of one of my A&E visits! I was doing the dishes at my step father's law firm where I worked as the cleaner and they had those horrible pots of coffee with a brown handle around the top. No-one had noticed that it had been broken and there was a section of glass missing. I was busy scrubbing it hard trying to get the coffee stain ring off the glass. I hasn't even realised I had cut myself badly until my friend asked me why the dish washing water was red! I had cut myself badly. At which point she fainted!

I ended up driving myself and her to A&E for us both to have stitches. She had to hold my thumb and the makeshift dressing on it, whilst I drove. It was my left thumb and we are in the UK, so I had to constantly change her in a manual with her holding my thumb! :o_o:. The missing skin could not be stitched back on for me, and I still ended up with more stitches than she did! (She hit her head hard when she fainted!)

I have never had a serious kitchen injury, but my mom has had to go to the hospital to get stitches after a knife slipped one time. I have one scar on my wrist that happened when I was trying to remove a tea kettle from an extremely hot wood burning stove. The burn hurt like heck and was so bad that I now have a permanent scar to show for it.

steam is the worst burn never looks bad but for me they are the worst,the heat seems to stay ,and I've got to sleep with my hand in water because of it,
fat burns always look nasty but I've had some burns drained and dressed but the scars go quickly.Burns off the racks in the oven go quick but my scars seem to be a colour change and come back in the summer

I have a burn on both arms that I received when taking a cookie sheet from the oven, I lifted my arm up too soon and hit the broiler coil on an electric oven.

Back
Top Bottom