Do you like you chili hot?

I love my chili as hot and spicy as I can get it. I cut up jalepenos and add them to the chili when it is about half way through the cooking process. I was raised on spicy food and so I can take a great amount of heat. If I am not sweating by the time I am done eating it, there is something wrong with the chili!:thumbsdown::devil:

Chilli fanatics are recommended to try the East African egg sandwich, prevalent in Ethiopia and Eritrea. An Italian-style roll is filled with a small omelette. There may or may not be a slice or two of tomato, but there will always be a whole green chilli, usually completely concealed. How us old hands loved to snigger when the unwary newcomers had one for the first time.

[QUOTE="Duck59, post: 31531, member: 1127"How us old hands loved to snigger when the unwary newcomers had one for the first time.[/QUOTE]
Where was this? Were you in Africa?

[QUOTE="Duck59, post: 31531, member: 1127"How us old hands loved to snigger when the unwary newcomers had one for the first time.
Where was this? Were you in Africa?[/QUOTE]

I spent two years in Eritrea and I've also worked in Ethiopia and Ghana. The bit about "old hands" refers to my time in Eritrea (or at least when I had spent enough time there to be an old hand).

I do not like spicy food. I like to add the sugar to my chili.

When I married my husband I had learned to eat varieties of foods with chili recipes because it is in their culture and everyday we eat from moderate to very hot spicy foods. At first I am always hesitant to eat spicy foods but after years of staying in their country I had already adapted eating their foods. After all chilis had medicinal benefits to our health.

When I was younger, I loved my chili really hot. Back then, I would indulge a bit much at the clubs, and the next day (hangover), I would go to Wendy's and buy a large chili, put 6 hot sauce packages in it, and eat that with a huge iced tea, and then would feel amazing.

I bet you that was hot!! 6 hot sauce!! Talk about a burn! It does sound tasty though. I have always liked Wendy's chili too. It is really quite good!

Haha, yes, I do think the hot sauce helped, as well as the salted crackers, and the huge amount of liquid I was drinking. Even though caffeine tends to dehydrate, I think it helped by boosting my energy. That's always been my hangover solution. I rarely even drink these days, and when I do, it's just a shot or a glass or two of whatever I'm having, so I don't have to worry about hangovers, but I like to share it, because I know plenty out there who can use the tip.

I really enjoy Wendy's Chili, and even though I don't eat it much these days, since there isn't one very close by, I will drive across town for it occasionally.

I like chilli sauce hot and I prefer my curries that way too. However, I have four children. Although they like spice, they don't like too much heat. For this reason, I usually make things medium and then sometimes add some extra spice in for myself after serving them.

One of the campgrounds that I visit frequently is hosting a chili cook off next weekend. We are making plans to go and to make up a pot of our chili to share with our fellow campers. I can't wait to try all the different pots of chili and see how they are all unique in their own way. It should be an awesome weekend. We are really looking forward to it. Has anybody ever been to a chili cook off before and if so what did you think of it?

I love my chilli hot! I barely get a taste of my food because there is too much chilli in it. But that's alright, I still love the burning feel of food made with chilli in my mouth. I try not to think what would happen if I had to go off chilli for some reason. Say for health reasons!

I love my chilli hot! I barely get a taste of my food because there is too much chilli in it. But that's alright, I still love the burning feel of food made with chilli in my mouth. I try not to think what would happen if I had to go off chilli for some reason. Say for health reasons!
You are addicted, just like me!

Back
Top Bottom