Do you prefer deep fried or ovenbake chips?

Do you prefer deep fried or ovenbake chips?

• Total voters
I love oven baked potato chips. I get that mixture of crunch and softness depending on how long I decide to leave them in the oven for. The only issue I have with oven baked chips is that it takes quite a bit of time for them to bake and flipping them over halfway through is annoying. It's nice not having to deal with all the excess grease, however.

That air frying machine looks like a nifty little gadget, I wonder if the taste is very different or so close to other method's that one wont be able to tell the difference. You never know with these things...

I know, you can never tell with these things. I would worry the taste would be very bland with the chips in the air fryer. But I've just had a quick look at it's got nearly 5 star reviews :)

I love baked sweet potatoes! They turn out nice and crispy. And they have extra flavor compared to regular potatoes.

I love baked sweet potatoes! They turn out nice and crispy. And they have extra flavor compared to regular potatoes.
Now that you mention that it makes me think of a product we get here, I'm sure it's available elsewhere also, it's sweet potato cut into the same shape as normal potato chips, well there's different cuts but anyway, you also deep fry it like you would regular 'fries' as Americans call them, lol, in South-Africa we just call them chips. South-Africans have a very unique accent and way of speaking english! But I guess so does most countries!

We always made our own potato chips and we deep fried our chips at home because the whole family loves the taste when it is cooked that way. And we just see to it that after frying we use paper towel in order to absorbed the excess oil it had before we eat them and we never have try to oven baked our chips.

I prefer deep-fried chips because of the taste and the texture. I like how it's crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. It's faster to prepare as well, if it's deep-fried. I live the oven-baked fries as well because it has less oil, and I think it depends on the seasoning anyway, for the taste.

To the best of my knowledge, I think sunflower oil is even the healthier option for deep fried chips. I recall Frito Lay's not having the "cooked with sunflower oil" stamp, and I remember it being much better back then as well. I don't really mind it when potato chips are unhealthy, to be honest, so I'd go with fried. I'd prefer to have a fulfilling and satisfying experience and then just compensating somewhere else rather than having to settle for less which then only makes me crave it even more down the line.

To the best of my knowledge, I think sunflower oil is even the healthier option for deep fried chips. I recall Frito Lay's not having the "cooked with sunflower oil" stamp, and I remember it being much better back then as well. I don't really mind it when potato chips are unhealthy, to be honest, so I'd go with fried. I'd prefer to have a fulfilling and satisfying experience and then just compensating somewhere else rather than having to settle for less which then only makes me crave it even more down the line.
Lol, I'm with you on that one, I always use sunflower oil to fry my chips in, unhealthy or not there's just something great about that crunch of a deep fried piece little rectangular potato!:p::D

I like to deep-fry my potato chips in sunflower oil, it might be unhealthy but it just tastes so good. When they come out golden brown and crunchy but still soft in the middle nom nom nom.:roflmao::hungry:
I like the taste of fried chip but I know the healthiest way to eat them is baked. I will say baking can come out good as well when it's baked the right way.

Over baked is what I prefer because I see it as healthier. I think deep fried might be much more yummy depending on who prepares it but I still have to opt for oven baked. Saw there is also air frying. Can't say I have heard of that until now. This forum teaches me loads of stuff.

I love both! Deep fried have a nicer taste and you know they are fresher and I also like them slightly burned. I like oven baked because they are easier to make as they are less messy, convenient and cheaper. Either way I like seasoned oven baked fries which also saves time and deep fried ones tend to have fluffier insides and are generally chunkier!

I prefer mine to be deep fried. I figure if I am going to eat a chip, I might as well be a rebel about it and go all they way. I do not like baked chips very much because they taste so dry.

Back
Top Bottom