Votes: 14 82.4%
  • bake

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
9:20 PM
I grew up with a Southern mother. She fried almost everything, especially fish. Only as an adult did I start to bake the seafood that I ate. Although I know the later method is much healthier, I still prefer to fry my fish (especially catfish).

I like fried fish because I was raised in a family much like yours ,where fried eggs and fried fish were eaten at least twice a week.

I have a series of recipes for baking fish or making it into soup, but my very favorite is fried, and specially battered fish.

I don't like baked fish at all. Fried is alright though I prefer my fish to be smoked.

I like both really, there is some fish that I wouldn't bake and then there is other fish that I wouldn't fry. It would depend on the day and the fish.

I prefer to eat fried fish than baked fish. It is what was always serve in our dining table whenever we are having a meal at home. My mother always prepare sauces for fried fish like sweet and sour sauce with red and green bell pepper and its delicious! Another side dish we always have when we eat fried fish is our homemade pickled cucumber and it is also a perfect combination and we all love it!

While I absolutely love fried fish, I mainly only order that at restaurants. I just hate to waste whole bottles of vegetable oil just to fry some fish. Plus it smells my kitchen up (the oil, not necessarily the fish), and it's a pain to wait for it to cool down before I can clean it up. Instead, I much prefer to broil fish when I am cooking for myself. If I am craving some crunch I will simply toss some panko in olive oil then press that on to the fish before I broil it. I get more or less the breaded taste and crunch I am craving without all the waste.

I love the taste of fried fish, but I know it is so bad for me. I really do just grill and bake at this point. Once you fry oil it turns into trans fats and I am trying to have a heart healthy diet this year. Fish oil is good, but frying fish in oil is bad!

If I'm picking based solely on the taste, then fried is definitely my favorite!! However I usually have grilled fish, not fried. Grilled is quite simple and healthy, easier to prepare and tastes verry yummy!
My favorite type of fish to grill is salmon, cause it doesn't break that easily and tastes better grilled than any other ways!!

I really love fried fish because my family always went to a fish fry on Fridays during Lent. I always looked forward to Lent because of the fish.

I don't eat fried fish though, I prefer my fish to be grilled. Baked fish is good too. I don't eat much fish anymore though.

Growing up, my grandpa was in charge of the Lions Club which is a volunteer organization. As a fundraiser, every year they held a large fish fry at the local county fair. I absolutely loved when he fried fish! My grandpa would always make it for me. It has always been one of my favorites! My family would always go to the fish fry every year and support the Lions Club.
I don't care for grilled or boiled fish. I just like it fried. I think it's just because I grew up eating it that way. :)

Keeping aside all the health factors, fish when fried gives you a damn perfect taste. I too being a Southern person, just love fried fish a lot. In this regard, the freshly ground special masala (spices) applied for marinating gives the authentic taste to the fish fry. On the other side of it baked food is always the best choice while keeping health issues in mind.

I prefer to fry fish because I have yet to find a recipe for baked fish that doesn't have the salt water taste. Like I can't take the taste of the fish. I want to taste the seasonings and whatever sauce is there. But I can't seem to get the overwhelming taste of the raw fish.

Personally, I'll bake fish before I'd fry it. Simply because I don't fry foods period. On the rare occasions that I have fried foods, someone else made it. But fish is one of the few things that I can say I love fried. Being from a southern family, it was a cookout staple.

Fresh salmon cooked on the barbeque is one of my favorites. I will bake other fish but never fry. It isn't that I am against the idea - every once in a while fish and chips appeals to me - but to deep fry anything at home is too much hassle for me. Living on the coast affords the opportunity to try out a number of different types of fish each with their own unique flavours and textures so one method of cooking fish is not the way to go as some techniques are more suitable than others to a particular cut of fish. A lot of the time it is sushi for me as that is really common here and it doesn't involve cooking the fish at all.

Back
Top Bottom