Do you prefer to fry or bake fish?

Do you prefer to fry or bake your fish?

• fry

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • bake

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
We're used to fried fish, which is why I love them more than baked fish. And I don't think I've tried a lot of baked fish recipes before, so I really can't add much to the discussion - but I do love fish in all kinds of fried ways. Battered fish is my favorite, though.

I almost always prefer fried over baked, even when it's not fish, so I naturally gravitate towards fried. I especially like battered fish like what you'd get in a fish and chips dish, and even if I'm not a big seafood fan, I have to admit that fish in that form is very appealing to me.

I don't eat much of anything that is fried but on occasion I do like to have fried fish or clams. Generally I saute it or bake the fish, staying away from any kind of breading.

its horses for courses ,different fish require different treatment but its good to mix it up,
saute in butter,sear with oils,breaded fish deserves a mention ,batters tempura and beer batter to name a few,baking fish in a cheese rarebit with mash a spinach is a one pot favourite

For me I prefer eating fried fish and it taste good to me cooking fish that way. Slices of tomatoes as my side dish and squeezing a lemon on top of the fish is my way of eating fried fish and as simple as that is already good to me.

I grew up in the south so I like my fish with a crunch. I was raised eating fried fish. I have tried baked fish before but it did not taste that good.

I prefer baked as its not greasy and is much healthier for you. Its also better if your on a diet.

It really depends on what I am making. I think fish is at its best baked with a knob of butter and a squeeze of lemon. However, I fry tuna steaks as I like to get a browner appearance on the outside. Obviously if I am battering fish then I would fry it.

I really enjoy both, but if I had to pick, I'd generally pick fried. I like a light, crispy, crunchy breading. I like sauteed seafood too though.. with butter and garlic and onion.

I definetly prefer to bake or steam my fish. To me it just taste better.

I like both but then there are some that's better for frying and some that's better for baking...thinking on it hard i think fry fish would take the edge especially when it's escovitch alongside a few festival ...i just don't see it getting better than this.

It really depends on the fish I am making. For cod and most white fish meats, I like to batter it and then give it a good frying in the deep fryer. If I am having salmon or tuna, I prefer it to be baked with herbs and spices. Dark fish is the kind that you are not supposed to eat much of because of the mercury content, so I eat much more fried white fish.

I have to cook almost everything in two ways in my house. My wife and kids like everything fried, and I am trying to get healthier, so I bake or microwave most things. A breaded fish tastes pretty much the same in the oven as fried. All the oil is doing (besides clogging your arteries) is making the breading a little more crispy. It takes a little time to adjust your tastes, but soon enough you probably won't even miss the oil.

I generally do not fry foods, but there is nothing like a good old fashioned fish fry:) Seafood is my favorite food and I would eat daily if I could afford it. I do prefer my fish fried but I have been coating with an MSG free breading and spraying the fish with cooking spray and baking it in the oven. Yes, the extra cripsy crust is missing but there is a resemblance and it is healthier for you. I will probably never totally give up fried fish because it is my yummy weakness.

Back
Top Bottom