Do you take instagram photos of your food?

Still shooting film.

Not really a question though, just a youtube link.

Last edited:
I don't really know why I asked that question. Its pretty obvious that people here don't! If they did I would expect them to post some of their photos here. Sadly, with the rare exception almost nobody posts pictures of there own food. I don't know why that is, given this is a food forum and that its pretty easy to snap a photo on a smart phone. On other forums I'm on people post photos of their dishes all the time. Its odd. :scratchhead:

Perhaps most feel that the photos of their food are not great. I know for me, it is bandwidth and access to the internet that is the issue at the moment.

The loaf of bread I cooked in the pizza oven yesterday...

DSC_0300.JPG

Taken on the tablet. I need to work on the colour balance and exposure, but that was a very bright background which did not help matters at all.

This one might be better.

DSC_0299.JPG

Last edited:
Perhaps most feel that the photos of their food are not great. I know for me, it is bandwidth and access to the internet that is the issue at the moment.

The loaf of bread I cooked in the pizza oven yesterday...

View attachment 2974

Taken on the tablet. I need to work on the colour balance and exposure, but that was a very bright background which did not help matters at all.

This one might be better.

View attachment 2975
I'm not sure if its because people feel their photos are not great. It is, admittedly not easy to take reasonably lit photos unless they are taken in slightly overcast daylight. Tungsten light is ghastly (as you will know). I heard it said somewhere that there are far more instagram photos of breakfast and lunch than evening meals, for that reason! I don't have a smart phone but my son and daughter (the one's who live here) do and seem to take reasonable photos - though not really of food! I'll have to borrow one of their phones and try it out. I really should get a smartphone, just so I can use instagram!

That is a very rustic looking bread. What kind of bread is it?

That is a very rustic looking bread. What kind of bread is it?
Ikea's Swedish rye bread, ready to mix packet that you just at water to. It's vegan and actually quite nice. I guess it's be better when it's cooked correctly! But I don't have my sourdough up and running yet, so next best thing when we were without mixers and scales and...

I don't really know why I asked that question. Its pretty obvious that people here don't! If they did I would expect them to post some of their photos here. Sadly, with the rare exception almost nobody posts pictures of there own food. I don't know why that is, given this is a food forum and that its pretty easy to snap a photo on a smart phone. On other forums I'm on people post photos of their dishes all the time. Its odd. :scratchhead:

I suppose it depends on the person and the forum. Not everyone wants to see pictures of other peoples food, we have posted on facebook and CC a couple of times but not everyone is interested. On here fine because it is for food and drink and I think it a great idea as other can pick up tips and ideas. Is there a 'post a picture of your food' thread or have I missed it :unsure: :scratchhead:

I suppose it depends on the person and the forum. Not everyone wants to see pictures of other peoples food, we have posted on facebook and CC a couple of times but not everyone is interested. On here fine because it is for food and drink and I think it a great idea as other can pick up tips and ideas. Is there a 'post a picture of your food' thread or have I missed it :unsure: :scratchhead:
I think the 'what did you cook today' thread would be nearest to that. I was talking about instagram originally which isn't a forum - but I then referred the issue back to here and noted that given that we are a food forum, its surprising that more people don't post images of their food.

I "get" the ad because my daughter used to do exactly that - put up an Instagram picture of whatever she was eating; and it always had to be done first, before lifting a finger or fork to the food, in fact I reckon she barely had time to smell it sometimes as the phone was in her hands being rotated and zoomed in and out to get the right shot.

She's grown out of it, but I expect there are still a lot of people doing it ... and the ad really does show you how far things have come - the almost instant nature of high-quality image communication via the internet and the sheer power of modern mobile devices. :eek:

I don't Instagram but I have been guilty of taking pics of recipes I made at AllRecipes. I've been writing a lot of reviews, and I don't feel the reviews do enough without pictures.

I do take pictures of food when we go out to eat. But only when the food looks fabulous and I have to share it with everyone.

I think by the time I remember to take a picture, I have sat down and started to eat it. I rarely get chance to do much with snapping a shot unless it is something I have done during the day. In the evenings I have no chance at all of getting anything photographed. I think it was Saturday morning that I had chance to get out with the camera, but that was because my OH was in bed and I wanted some pictures of the creek with the mist being burnt off by the sun. I managed all of 30 minutes before I knew he was up and about and wanted to get on with the day's shopping (which I decided could wait until Sunday, but hadn't yet told him because I had reached that conclusion whilst lying awake in bed trying hard not to disturb him and let him get some sleep. Saturday was glorious sunshine you see, Sunday, it rained and we needed to get a lot of work done in the garden and wouldn't be able to do it in the rain.) So as it stands I am usually in too much pain to bother with photographing my evening meal, or else I'm too hungry. Plus I don't tend to photo my lunch simply because I just have a small pitta with avocado, senap (Swedish mustard) and tofu. I doubt it looks particularly appetising tbh.

Back
Top Bottom