Do you treat yourself??

rascal

Über Member
image.jpeg

I do occasionally, last night was pub night so standard order of a burger on the way home, I remembered from last week they had fresh bluff oysters, these are the best oysters ive ever tried. So I ordered half a dozen for $18 but they were worth it. This morning I have just had another treat of mushrooms on toast. As kids we used to gather them for free in paddocks near us. These are shop bought but a treat for me.
Do you guys treat yourself??

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:

morning glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
When it comes to oysters I never think twice about treating myself. Ditto with fresh lobster. Mushrooms on toast is a lovely dish but really quite modest, I think. I mean, not expensive or calorific.

You have me craving mushrooms on toast!

Karen W

Nice! Lobster (tails) are my fave. When they go on sale, I'll grab a few for lobster scampi, etc.

rascal

Über Member
When it comes to oysters I never think twice about treating myself. Ditto with fresh lobster. Mushrooms on toast is a lovely dish but really quite modest, I think. I mean, not expensive or calorific.

You have me craving mushrooms on toast!
I never had any cream in the fridge, I normally add a bit to make it creamier. :)

Russ

Karen W

Lol. I used to see kids with their pails fishing for crawdads in Griffith Park..

rascal

Über Member
Lol. I used to see kids with their pails fishing for crawdads in Griffith Park..
Karen our crayfish are the size of your lobsters, or even bigger. We also have a fresh water crawfish we call koura. When we used to take the kids camping many years ago, a stream used to run through there with koura in. I caught a pile of them and cooked them up. Real sweet delicacies, I guess like your crawfish??

Russ

Karen W

Karen our crayfish are the size of your lobsters, or even bigger. We also have a fresh water crawfish we call koura. When we used to take the kids camping many years ago, a stream used to run through there with koura in. I caught a pile of them and cooked them up. Real sweet delicacies, I guess like your crawfish??

Russ
I have to look away when someone orders them.

morning glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member

Russ
You are lucky - the crayfish we get here are tiny! Tasty but tiny. At least, the ones I get in the supermarket are. But I doubt any in the UK grow anywhere near lobster size.

rascal

Über Member
You are lucky - the crayfish we get here are tiny! Tasty but tiny. At least, the ones I get in the supermarket are. But I doubt any in the UK grow anywhere near lobster size.
Ours can be very very big, I get average ones enough to feed 2 people well. I swap crays for my pickled gerkins, my friend catches crays in kaikoura and gives to me. I supply his wife in gerkins, she LOVES my gerkins.

Russ

Top Bottom