Do You Use A Timer?

The oven timer was used this evening. The pies were put in the oven, covered with foil and tbe oven turned on to 200°C . The timer set to 45 mins and I left to pick up hubby. Hot pies from the oven minutes after we walked through the door. Neither of us like microwaves pies so it suits us. I should probably have used 180°C this time around though. I forgot they were fresh pies, not frozen!

At my old home, the range was so old it didn't HAVE a timer, so I hardly ever used one - for a few baked items I did set the microwave to beep, but not that often.

Here, I'm spoiling myself by often using a timer. I do wish an oven timer would turn itself off when the time is reached, in case I'm out in the back with the chickens and get delayed.

I do wish an oven timer would turn itself off when the time is reached, in case I'm out in the back with the chickens and get delayed.
Luckily mine does and thay is the main reason for using it. But it has one really annoying feature. Cancel the beep or acknowledge that the time is up in any way and because all of the dials are set for the oven to be on... yep the oven turns itself back on. But it makes a noise and in this quiet house you hear it.

I do use a timer. Otherwise I would forget about whatever is cooking. I'm easily distracted :)

Back
Top Bottom