Do you use tablecloths or napkins?

I really hate eating with the TV on when there is more than one person....for me meal times are about enjoying food together and talking. We eat our evening meal at the dining table every night, usually with the radio on in the background (we don't have a TV in the kitchen/diner).

If its someone eating on their own, then that's not so bad and I sometimes do it myself - eating on your own can sometimes feel a bit lonely. Though I have read that there are side effects to eating in front of the the TV: people tend to eat more, and they don't get the same satisfaction from the food because the brain is distracted.

One problem that can arise is we use the side kitchen door and it opens into the dining room so sometimes the table is used for whatever we bring home like, groceries, gloves, keys, etc...so part of the getting home ritual is spending a few minutes and putting everything in it's place..

My kitchen table is the first horizontal surface inside of my back door -- my garage is behind the house. That kitchen table is awfully convenient when I come in with an armload of stuff. I have to clear it off on a regular basis. :laugh:

CD

They are already eating on tray tables in front of the TVs. My point was to get them using the dining table. Tray tables are for old people's homes in my world. But I know in the US that a lot of people use them. Not nearly so much in the UK.

I hate TV Trays/Table Trays. I can't get my legs under them comfortably, and they are very unstable.

CD

My sister gifted me some placemats she didn’t want. We were out today, so I grabbed a tablecloth and napkins to match them:

That’s not staying for now, I just wanted to see how it looked. That’ll be our Summer tablecloth, unless I can find a turquoise/aqua one before then.

I use tablecloths. It's a must. However linen napkins and rings only come out when we have people over for dinner. I have a video saved for folding and have fun with that.

My sister gifted me some placemats she didn’t want. We were out today, so I grabbed a tablecloth and napkins to match them:

View attachment 82557

That’s not staying for now, I just wanted to see how it looked. That’ll be our Summer tablecloth, unless I can find a turquoise/aqua one before then.

I can't believe you didn't iron that tablecloth. :ohmy::eek::facepalm:

CD

Nah, I don’t need to, since we don’t actually eat there. :laugh:
As I had said before our dining room table is a dumping ground for stuff we bring home because it is just inside the kitchen door which we use more often than the front..anyway, gf decided she wanted a new dining room table a while back..I told her it would just get scratched like the old one because we actually live in our house..she went ahead and got rid of the old pine table we had since forever..within a couple of weeks, it got a couple of scratches and so she bought a plastic table cloth..lol..she hates it but feels she has to use it..it comes off if we have company..lol

Back
Top Bottom