Do you use this lot?

Mentioned in a recipe, recently posted. Comes in packets & bottles
I'm thinking this must be 'Chunky vegetable soup'. The recipe has this ingredient:

1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce

This isn't tomato ketchup/sauce as we know it in the UK. American's use the term tomato sauce to refer to tins or jars of crushed tomatoes sometimes flavoured with herbs. Much like Passata or tins of chopped tomatoes. If you see tomato sauce in an American recipe (such as the Chunky Vegetable soup recipe) then its not referring to the Heinz type tomato sauce/ketchup.

This is why your spoiler threw me off the scent! If I'm wrong then you have to explain why...

I'm thinking this must be 'Chunky vegetable soup'. The recipe has this ingredient:

1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce

This isn't tomato ketchup/sauce as we know it in the UK. American's use the term tomato sauce to refer to tins or jars of crushed tomatoes sometimes flavoured with herbs. Much like Passata or tins of chopped tomatoes. If you see tomato sauce in an American recipe (such as the Chunky Vegetable soup recipe) then its not referring to the Heinz type tomato sauce/ketchup.

This is why your spoiler threw me off the scent! If I'm wrong then you have to explain why...
Does it come in packets?

I'm not sure the search feature is working properly at the moment. I didn't find something I knew was on here using the search earlier and when I went looking for it another way found it immediately.
Tried under threads started by me as well

Back
Top Bottom