Do You Use Your Phone/Tablet/Laptop In The Kitchen?

I'd be photographing from my phone more often, but the editing capabilities seem to be cropping, and that is that. And it can take up to 12 hours for my phone to talk to my laptop with a photo.

Because Canon are so bloody incompetent, I need to transfer images from my camera to my handphone via wi-fi and then to my laptop/desktop via hard wire.

For photos, I snap them with my iPhone, go into the camera roll, edit the pic, press the "auto" button, which applies some auto-enhance algorithm, and then rotate if I need to, and that's it.

Then I just upload to the site here straight from my phone.

it can take up to 12 hours for my phone to talk to my laptop with a photo.

That's mad. I think I mentioned before about transferring straight from phone to a memory stick. Then simply insert memory stick in computer & download to edit.

Because Canon are so bloody incompetent, I need to transfer images from my camera to my handphone via wi-fi and then to my laptop/desktop via hard wire.

When I used a digital camera I simply took memory card out and inserted it in my computer to download the photos. Can you not do that?

When I used a digital camera I simply took memory card out and inserted it in my computer to download the photos. Can you not do that?

Yes. But my previous camera failed because either something had broken relative to the card connection or there was debris preventing a connection. That makes me reluctant to keep taking the card in and out. I could also hard wire straight from the camera into the laptop but constant in and out with those tiny plugs/sockets could easily damage/bend the pins (particularly with my ham fists).

The infuriating part is that mine is one of only a couple of Canon models which do not permit wi-fi transfer between camera and computer. Handphone, yes, but not computer. Of course, that was not pointed out on Canon's advertising blurb which led me to buy that model.

Yes. But my previous camera failed because either something had broken relative to the card connection or there was debris preventing a connection. That makes me reluctant to keep taking the card in and out. I could also hard wire straight from the camera into the laptop but constant in and out with those tiny plugs/sockets could easily damage/bend the pins (particularly with my ham fists).

This conversation reminded me to check with the Airdroid folks. They've upgraded their software which I have now downloaded so I am now able to transfer files wirelessly between handphone and computer.

Back
Top Bottom