Does anyone have any good biscuit/cookie recipes please?

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
10:38 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
As per the title. I have ones that will become dairy free, though not necessarily vegan and I don't need gluten free. I like most things except bananas... and double choc chip things...

after some snacks that can be salt free etc... or at least reduced salt. not too bothered about sugar content... though I usually drop what people quote. Can be crispy UK biscuit style or chewie USA thicker style, can be as weird as you want, though I make no promises as to whether I will cook them, but and this is a big but, please bear in mind as far as I can tell, my new cooker only goes to Gas Mark 5 which is 180C (and no I didn't get a choice, I which I had, and would have paid the difference in cost and it can only have been purchased by someone who has never, ever cooked anything including shop bought pizza, in their lives before)!

thanks

I do have a really basic recipe for biscuits. Ordinary biscuits, that is. Rather plain, but they can be flavoured with all manner of things (that's the point).

It depends what you are looking for - big fat (soft in the middle) 'cookies' or little crisp biscuits?

Can you use margarine?
provided it has no diary in it, yes. I have cooking marg (or at least that is what I use it for and name it in this household.

Gas Mark 5 is standard for cookies.
It may be, but scones for example are cooked at 220C! That's Gas 7!

It depends what you are looking for - big fat (soft in the middle) 'cookies' or little crisp biscuits?

Can be crispy UK biscuit style or chewie USA thicker style

I have a recipie for some oaty biscuits which I'll post when I get home tomorrow and found the book.

Back
Top Bottom