Does anyone on here meditate

My brain likes to think and organise. Yesterday morning I was awake before 6.30, turned over to snooze but brain decided to wake up and start planning the day which is what I do on a working day anyway so it is a natural thing for my brain to do, when I close my eyes to try and slow it down, doesn't work. My body needs sleep, especially my brain, but sometimes I run on nervous energy which isn't a good thing.

I will definitely give this a try, thank you :)

We did another meditation last night, full body scan, I struggled with focusing on what we were supposed to be doing and found my mind wandering but I found it easy to reign it back in again and calm it down which is useful because I do struggle with a busy brain.

I started last winter (June 2018 for me) when I was recovering from my life saving op on Melbourne. I didn't help that the place never went quiet ,was never cool enough for me or that because I was a high risk case and unable to walk of my own accord I ended up in a room alongside the nurses station and with the beeping board (literally beeped every time a patient rang for assistance ) . So I took up the hospital's offer of free meditation and mindfulness with an app called “Calm". I'm s still using it today. It helps me to sleep. I rarely even get to the waist on body scans (they start with the toes).

I too have a mind that likes to organise and problem solve at night. I've been known to take a look at a puzzle others can't solve, no more than a cursory look at the pieces and talk to find out what's needed to solve it, or what shape the shapes need to form to solve the puzzle. Then go to bed. I won't even be aware of thinking about it but I'll get up in the morning, and take 1 look at the puzzle and solve it first time . It annoys the hell out of people. I did it once to a colleague of my husband when I was sitting at his desk once lunchtime. Bored waiting for my husband to come out of the room reserved for secret work ,I sat and messed around with the puzzle, solved it within a few minutes and without thinking about it, let it solved when I left. Alistair came back from lunch and part way through the afternoon noticed it was solved. One of his colleagues had seen me solve it and was there.. . Apparently he was most upset. He'd been working on it for years and no-one else had managed to solve it either . Sadly minds like that don't switch off easily but with mindfulness, that's not actually a problem and you'll learn that it really doesn't matter if you fall asleep during the body scan or some a problem from work, just accept it and come back to the meditation. And it doesn't matter how many times you drift away , just come back each time you realise...
I still soft away many many times each session every day . But I no longer need a 30 min session to fall asleep, sometimes in asleep within 10 minutes and this is from someone that has major sleep problems .

Right in afraid I need to get some chicks in. It will be getting too cold out there for them now. Today's 29-31C didn't happen and it only got to 23C, so it will be getting quite cool out there now with only 2 hours before dark . Too cold for chicks that are not yet 4 weeks old that is.

I started last winter (June 2018 for me) when I was recovering from my life saving op on Melbourne. I didn't help that the place never went quiet ,was never cool enough for me or that because I was a high risk case and unable to walk of my own accord I ended up in a room alongside the nurses station and with the beeping board (literally beeped every time a patient rang for assistance ) . So I took up the hospital's offer of free meditation and mindfulness with an app called “Calm". I'm s still using it today. It helps me to sleep. I rarely even get to the waist on body scans (they start with the toes).

I too have a mind that likes to organise and problem solve at night. I've been known to take a look at a puzzle others can't solve, no more than a cursory look at the pieces and talk to find out what's needed to solve it, or what shape the shapes need to form to solve the puzzle. Then go to bed. I won't even be aware of thinking about it but I'll get up in the morning, and take 1 look at the puzzle and solve it first time . It annoys the hell out of people. I did it once to a colleague of my husband when I was sitting at his desk once lunchtime. Bored waiting for my husband to come out of the room reserved for secret work ,I sat and messed around with the puzzle, solved it within a few minutes and without thinking about it, let it solved when I left. Alistair came back from lunch and part way through the afternoon noticed it was solved. One of his colleagues had seen me solve it and was there.. . Apparently he was most upset. He'd been working on it for years and no-one else had managed to solve it either . Sadly minds like that don't switch off easily but with mindfulness, that's not actually a problem and you'll learn that it really doesn't matter if you fall asleep during the body scan or some a problem from work, just accept it and come back to the meditation. And it doesn't matter how many times you drift away , just come back each time you realise...
I still soft away many many times each session every day . But I no longer need a 30 min session to fall asleep, sometimes in asleep within 10 minutes and this is from someone that has major sleep problems .

Right in afraid I need to get some chicks in. It will be getting too cold out there for them now. Today's 29-31C didn't happen and it only got to 23C, so it will be getting quite cool out there now with only 2 hours before dark . Too cold for chicks that are not yet 4 weeks old that is.

Hospitals never are quiet, squeaky shoes, noisy doors/staff etc...

We have a book on mindfullness and I have read some of it but lately I have been spending my spare time doing my new wasgij, once it starts to get lighter in the evenings I will be outside, just need something to keep me occupied in these winter months.

Back
Top Bottom