Donations are down, please support CookingBites

Would you pay not to view a single advert or accept 1 advert/page to contribute to site finances?

• Total voters
I don't understand the question(s).

I.e. The yes and no answers.

Last edited:
I don't understand the question(s).

I.e. The yes and no answers.

Would you pay not to view a single advert - No

or accept 1 advert/page to contribute to site finances - Yes*

I am also willing to contribute a little to site finances direct.

*virtually every other website that I use has some form of advertising and I've learnt not to let it bother me.

I can't say that I completely understand the question in the poll, but my feeling is that I get a lot of enjoyment out of this forum, and I am willing and able to pay for that enjoyment. I encourage all members of this forum who enjoy it and have the means to chip in some money to pay the bills.

CD

I'm more than willing to have advertisement pop-up for me in a way to contribute to the site. For me, that's the easiest way for me to contribute. It would be no different then someone "lurking" and getting those pop-ups - I don't have a problem with it.

I started a sub as soon as I was certain I liked it (within a day or two) because entertainment in the modern world isn’t free.
If I don’t like it later down the line I’m free to leave so I don’t have a problem paying a little to discuss something that entertains and informs. If someone doesn’t like it they‘re also free to go back to playing charades and hoping someone has a decent hand of bridge 😆

Personally I’d rather pay a sub than endure pop ups but I voted yes anyway because in my book people who provide shouldn‘t be unnecessarily left out of pocket.

No problem, taxman always gets their cut first. :wink:
Yeah it isn't just taxes...we just got back from vacation and I have some credit cards to pay off from that trip (I always pay them in full so I don't have to pay interest), then my husband's birthday is Sunday (I don't buy cheap gifts), and then I have a slew of weddings to attend and buy gifts for between now and June. I have a pretty well stocked freezer so grocery costs from here on out will be minimal, but...we got a phone call from a close family member last night who is in a huge financial bind--the problem is, hubby hasn't worked in over two years so not sure we will be able to help her out. He's always had a good bit of extra money in the bank so this is really odd for us. We have money to pay the bills and we don't have a mortgage, but there isn't much extra right now. Hoping May will be an active work month for me but I just never know until it happens.

We have money to pay the bills and we don't have a mortgage, but there isn't much extra right now
I hope you get things straightened out more to your liking soon. I just keep spending until MrsT yells at me to stop! :wink:

Leaving work early today to go sign our taxes. We say this every year, but next year…new tax accountant. This guy is really slipping up.

I hope you get things straightened out more to your liking soon. I just keep spending until MrsT yells at me to stop! :wink:

Leaving work early today to go sign our taxes. We say this every year, but next year…new tax accountant. This guy is really slipping up.
Yeah, we operate differently from most couples with our finances. We have separate accounts, credit cards, investments, etc. My money is my money but he always made waaaaay more than I did. I pretty much buy household supplies, furnishings, appliances, and groceries (and most of our vacations) and he pays for insurance, cars, phones, utilities, etc. I don't ask him for money, or at least not since the kids were living at home and our grocery and household essentials were ginormous.

Anyway, I am sure that it will all work out, it always does. I just wish our family member I referenced earlier would start to figure out how to live within her means and quit hitting everyone up for money to bail her out when she gets behind on her bills. :thumbsdown:

For those like myself, who can't work, don't work or are retired, it doesn't have to be a large amount. The cost of a large coffee or two, once a month from just a handful of members makes a huge difference to keeping this site running. US $5 a month or similar from just 4 members each month ($20) for a year is an extra $240 annually.

The reality is that if every active member contributed just US $5 a month, all costs would be covered.

Well the IRS didn't beat me up as bad as expected. I am now paid up with the tax man until 2024. So I made my donation to CB earlier than expected. Hope that helps.
Wonderful, thanks so much!

The taxman, I don’t worry about. We pay a CPA to do our taxes, and that’s the dude who takes our money. We used to shoot for a return as close to zero as possible, now we have to hope for a little return to pay his bill! :laugh:

Wonderful, thanks so much!

The taxman, I don’t worry about. We pay a CPA to do our taxes, and that’s the dude who takes our money. We used to shoot for a return as close to zero as possible, now we have to hope for a little return to pay his bill! :laugh:
No such luck here, I am an IC pretty much exclusively these days. No return in many years...

No such luck here, I am an IC pretty much exclusively these days. No return in many years...

Being self employed, I pay an advance every quarter, and then some more when I file my tax return.

I also pay 15-percent payroll tax, instead of the 7.5-percent most people pay.

CD

Back
Top Bottom