Don't you just love it when ...

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
4:18 PM
Don't you just love it when you return from grocery shopping and somehow manage to cram everything perishable that you bought into the refrigerator and freezer?

That was my deal this morning. Everything fit but a bunch of radishes, which will fit after I cut away the leafy stuff and wash them down.

Of course, by tomorrow, space in the refrigerator/freezer will begin to get freed up. :okay:

Don't you just love it when every time you visit a certain major supermarket that there is something about the environment that forces a need to take dump? I swear I can't even finish shopping and get out of the place without having to run for the Men's room and unload. :whistling:

Don't you just love it when you return from grocery shopping and somehow manage to cram everything perishable that you bought into the refrigerator and freezer?
Until recently I hated our fridge freezer - it was a good brand (AEG) and built-in to the kitchen so it looked good (it was also a free gift from the house builder). But it was far too SMALL! I would find myself constantly moving things around trying to find space, and the salad drawers at the bottom were two side-by-side drawers so it was impossible to fit long veg like leeks into them.

A couple of months ago we finally got around to ripping out the fridge-freezer cabinet and replacing it with a free-standing one with 50% more storage within the same external dimensions....its heaven! I don't think its been anywhere near full yet :okay:

Don't you just love it when every time you visit a certain major supermarket that there is something about the environment that forces a need to take dump? I swear I can't even finish shopping and get out of the place without having to run for the Men's room and unload. :whistling:
After colon surgery I had the urge in COSTCO and passed a world record amount of mud.
There should be an engraved brass tag on the stall door commemorating the event.

Don't you just love it when the sandwich rolls you bought two days ago show spots of blue mold when you go to use them?
I call the bakery girl at our local Staters and she’ll run a special batch of rolls for me. Still hot when I roll through.

Our local Vons will simply remove past tags and put fresh date tags on older unsold stock.
You can taste it.

Many moons ago driving from Barcelona to Gibraltar I contracted food poisoning. I stopped at a cafe, sat down and looked desperately for the toilet. I spied a louvered door with a lavabos sign surrounded closely by full tables. I thought this would lead into the toilet area. I opened the door to find one lavatory that when I sat down my knees touched the louvered door.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv2_50_btEM&ab_channel=RoyaltyFreeSoundEffects

Let's steer away from the bish and go another direction ...

Don't you just love it when you can't seem to figure out how to keep produce in the fridge so that it doesn't go bad before you can use it?

I mean, what's the trick here? Is there a certain temperature setting? Should one only buy produce as intended for usage and use it all at once? Some produce can be frozen, but not all.

Six Bananas can be managed, if one is eaten every day and they are not refrigerated. But a head of lettuce? Scallions? Peppers? How long can they be kept? Should I go completely carnivore?

Back
Top Bottom