Don't you just love it when ...

Hmm...maybe you have a low cooker hood and a long ladle. How tall is the Dutch oven? What is the length of the ladle? Oh - and there is nothing like a meaningless diversion in the afternoon (or morning in your case)...
By the numbers:

Dutch oven: 5.5" deep
Ladle: 13.5" long
Bottom edge of hood: 21" from cooktop
Clearance: 2"
Result: spilled soup!

By the numbers:

Dutch oven: 5.5" deep
Ladle: 13.5" long
Bottom edge of hood: 21" from cooktop
Clearance: 2"
Result: spilled soup!

Off to measure...

Result:
No Dutch oven here but 5.5" is not very deep and I tried to measure allowing for that
Ladle 11.5" long
Bottom edge of hood 30" from cooktop.
Clearance 12.5"
Result: no spilled soup

Verdict:
Your cooker hood is very low
Your ladle is too long

Of course, I'm now wondering if your cooking hood's distance from hob is the standard in the US. I think mine is standard for the UK. Its quite a big difference.
I would imagine it is, not that it can't vary, of course, but everything about my house is "standard," meaning it's a very plain-Jane run-of-the-mill 3-bed/2-bath house. Very cookie-cutter.

Very cookie-cutter.

Never heard that expression. But thinking about cooker hood heights, yours does seem low to me. I'd be banging my head on it if I leaned over the hob to check something. I'm quite tall and and my cooker hood is an inch or so above my head.

Never heard that expression.
It's common here for housing developments to have, say, three or four house plans available for residents, so there may be 20 (or 50, or 200) houses in a development, but it'll just be the same three houses, over and over, so your house might be exactly like your neighbor's house, minus the exterior color or something like that - so it's like they've all been stamped out with the same cookie cutter.

Don't you just love it when something happens to cause the loss of your browser's proxy server and suddenly, you find yourself overwhelmed with a bombardment of annoying advertisements on websites where previously, they were discarded by the proxy server?

Don't you just love it when, even with all your software engineering prowess, you never had to find and setup a browser proxy server before? You know where to enter it, but you don't know where to find one and its address and port number. So now, you have to go digging for a proxy server list, find one and stuff it in. But so far, those address and port numbers are proving to be elusive.

The advertisements are absolutely horrible on the CookingBites website, dozens of them. And some pop up at unusual times like clicking to go to a post. It's insane and unbearable. Heinous! I absolutely must replace that proxy server.

Don't you just love it when you suddenly have a cyst on your butt, it hurts when you sit, and you have to schedule an appointment to get it cut off and a biopsy done?

Don't you just love it when you go see your primary care physician about that cyst on the back of your thigh and be told that it is just a friction blister of a sort, and not a cancer polyp. :happy:

Don't you just love it when you discover that you accidentally bumped the oven temperature control to about 150F and did not discover it for over 3 days? Then you see that it added about $14 USD to your electric bill.

Back
Top Bottom