Don't you just love it when ...

I have just recently by chance stumbled upon the garbage disposal tube system, have never seen it before. It was a cleaning tips youtube video,and I was in awe.
We don't have that here, notthat I know of. Old fashioned garbage bins, and of course separating the recycables.
I hope you get it fixed asap.

We don't have them here either any more (as far as I know). Food waste is recyclable and has a special bin which is collected.

We don't have them here either any more (as far as I know). Food waste is recyclable and has a special bin which is collected.
We have one, came with the house, but our septic is a leach field, and you're really not supposed to use them with a leach field, so it's completely useless and a frequently a bit of a hassle.

When we had the new sink installed, I asked the installer to unhook it and get rid of it, but that constituted some actual plumbing, as opposed to a simple disconnect-reconnect, so he didn't want to do it, so I'm still stuck with it.

Don't you just love it when you fly in late from vacation, and you can't remember if you took the following day off to recover, so upon waking the next morning, you call your work number and hear your very own pre-recorded voice inform you that yes, indeed, you will not be back in the office until Thursday. :woot:

Don't you also just love it when you weigh yourself and see that all the beer, cakes, sausages, potatoes, etc have not changed your weight by even a tenth of a pound? 177.4 the morning I left, 177.4 today. :cool:

Don't you just love it when you are pulling apart the wedges of an orange and it squirts you right in your left eye. But luckily, you wear glasses.

Don't you just love it when you go to a well known supermarket, order something frozen from the butcher that weighs 2 lbs. on the package and the butcher presents it to you after a long delay with a tag showing that it weighed 2.3 lbs. and charges more for it, having weighed the water ice?

Don't you just love it when in the same supermarket, you order some cold cuts from the deli, tell them you want 1/2 lb and when you are checking out discover that they gave you a full 1 lb., or at least charged you for that?

Don't you just love it, knowing that the prices have gone up in this supermarket and you hear news that their union won against the supermarket chain for wage increases?

Don't you just love it when wondering through the produce section, all you hear is the workers there talking about union leaders and demands, etc.?

Don't you just love it when there are local alternatives to this particular supermarket chain?

Don't you just love it when you go to a well known supermarket, order something frozen from the butcher that weighs 2 lbs. on the package and the butcher presents it to you after a long delay with a tag showing that it weighed 2.3 lbs. and charges more for it, having weighed the water ice?
That's one thing I like about the gourmet shop I go - if I want something deboned, they'll:

1. Do it for free while I wait
2. Reweigh and reprice the meat
3. Give me the bone back if I want it

Don't you just love it when of three FedEx shipments, FedEx screws up two of them and you have to get refunds from the vendors, and ... of three USPS (United States Postal Service) Shipments, they screw up one of them, forcing a need for a refund?

One wonders if the problems shippers are having with their people bailing out during the pandemic whether they have hired thieves.

Don't you just love it when you fill your thermos with hot coffee, go sit by your computer, go to shake the coffee to mix the sweetener and find yourself splashed with hot coffee, because the lid was put on crooked?

Don't you just love it when your laptop reminds you how long it can run without being plugged into its recharger? And it isn't very long, - about 3 or 4 hours is all it will do when the USB plug gets accidentally pulled loose.

But then, I have been informed that it is good for a lithium laptop battery to get nearly discharged, to about 8% and recharged. It extends the life of the battery? Is that true? ??

Don't you just love it when you're in a tedious work meeting, the organizer is winding it up, and just about to close the meeting, and asks the last person if they have anything, and he says, "Nope, I'm good...except for blah blah blah," and goes on for another 10 minutes?

Why did you say no?!?! The answer was clearly, "Yes, I do have something, now let me bore you with it!" 😠

Don't you just love it when you're in a tedious work meeting, the organizer is winding it up, and just about to close the meeting, and asks the last person if they have anything, and he says, "Nope, I'm good...except for blah blah blah," and goes on for another 10 minutes?

Why did you say no?!?! The answer was clearly, "Yes, I do have something, now let me bore you with it!" 😠

Don't you just love it when you are retired and that sort of thing is a past series of committee nightmares.

Don´t you just love it when a "friend" says:
" Hey can you give me a price for 900 wedding hors d´oeuvres?"
So you give it, then he calls and says " Approved!"
So I go - " Great! Give me 50% up front"
And he never calls back..

Back
Top Bottom