Don't you just love it when ...

Don't you just love it when the apartment manager sends a notice that the parking lot will be repaved and that all cars should be moved to the side streets by a certain time, or be towed at owner's expense.

You take care to move you vehicle early to claim one of the closest spots to the apartment complex. One or two other residents follow suite, apparently, having seen my move. But amazing, most of the folks here just don't get it. This morning, the deadline has passed and the repaving crew will soon be here and the parking lot is nearly 3/4 full of cars.

People amaze me. :headshake:

Don't you just love it when the apartment manager sends a notice that the parking lot will be repaved and that all cars should be moved to the side streets by a certain time, or be towed at owner's expense.

You take care to move you vehicle early to claim one of the closest spots to the apartment complex. One or two other residents follow suite, apparently, having seen my move. But amazing, most of the folks here just don't get it. This morning, the deadline has passed and the repaving crew will soon be here and the parking lot is nearly 3/4 full of cars.

People amaze me. :headshake:
Why is that amazing? It sounds pretty consistent with how most people behave. We go through the same thing here when we get a big snow. I have personally moved my neighbors' vehicles for them but that's only because they are old and it was pretty bad out.

They even started locking the trash room doors on the weekends because some idiots were throwing pizza boxes on the floor (where we're supposed to stack broken down boxes) leading to some gross bugs. It took about three treatments to get that in check.

SUMMARY: Some people are lazy, thoughtless and selfish. Those people suck. :mad:

This whole thing should provide some sort of sad amusement today.

Reactions: mjd
Why is that amazing? It sounds pretty consistent with how most people behave. We go through the same thing here when we get a big snow. I have personally moved my neighbors' vehicles for them but that's only because they are old and it was pretty bad out.

They even started locking the trash room doors on the weekends because some idiots were throwing pizza boxes on the floor (where we're supposed to stack broken down boxes) leading to some gross bugs. It took about three treatments to get that in check.

SUMMARY: Some people are lazy, thoughtless and selfish. Those people suck. :mad:

Given that this is a senior living facility and I have already had to help pick one fallen old man up from the side walk and get him into his apartment, I can understand why perhaps, some cars might not get moved on time. But 3/4 of the cars? OK, maybe this morning there will be a mass exodus.

Given that this is a senior living facility and I have already had to help pick one fallen old man up from the side walk and get him into his apartment, I can understand why perhaps, some cars might not get moved on time. But 3/4 of the cars? OK, maybe this morning there will be a mass exodus.
Nothing is going to happen. Somebody from management will probably knock on people's doors to remind them and the crew will have to stand around waiting until it's clear. There is just no way for a tow company to move a ton of cars fast enough and management won't want to deal with the whining that will ensue when people can't retrieve their vehicles from the tow lot.

Nothing is going to happen. Somebody from management will probably knock on people's doors to remind them and the crew will have to stand around waiting until it's clear. There is just no way for a tow company to move a ton of cars fast enough and management won't want to deal with the whining that will ensue when people can't retrieve their vehicles from the tow lot.

It promises to provide an interesting show. But I hope they expedite, as I want the repaving to get done, so I can move my vehicle back into the lot this weekend.

It might be that management foresaw what was going to happen, perhaps, from experience on their other properties and that's why they gave the whole thing 3 days to complete, Wednesday to Friday.

It promises to provide an interesting show. But I hope they expedite, as I want the repaving to get done, so I can move my vehicle back into the lot this weekend.

It might be that management foresaw what was going to happen, perhaps, from experience on their other properties and that's why they gave the whole thing 3 days to complete, Wednesday to Friday.
Did you have to move it very far? Our go-to spot is a teen center across the baseball field. You can see over there but it's quite the trek in mountains of snow. I don't drive since my Jeep fire a couple summers ago. It's nice not having to hassle with it.

You can probably start a side business and charge your neighbors a few bucks to move their cars. The lazy ones will pay you and the others will get off their behinds and go do it. ;-)

Did you have to move it very far? Our go-to spot is a teen center across the baseball field. You can see over there but it's quite the trek in mountains of snow. I don't drive since my Jeep fire a couple summers ago. It's nice not having to hassle with it.

You can probably start a side business and charge your neighbors a few bucks to move their cars. The lazy ones will pay you and the others will get off their behinds and go do it. ;-)

I moved my vehicle early to a spot adjacent to the complex.

No work was done yesterday on the parking lot. By the end of the day, there were only five cars still parked in the lot. Today should be interesting with regard to some of those being towed off.

Don't you just love it when you are tracking a shipment and the carrier, FedEx in this case, bounces it back and forth between two cities, for some reason?

Don't you just love it when you learn the hard way that kitchen sink plumbing in an apartment complex is tied between floors and the people upstairs chucked something in their garbage disposal that they shouldn't have and being on the ground floor, your sink basins are backed up with smelly dirty nasty water?

Don't you just love it when, fearing flooding and it being after hours, you call the apartment complex emergency number and the idiot that answers the phone tells you that nobody will come out to take care of it until the next business day? Thank god that it's not the weekend. Thank god that the 4 day 4th of July holiday weekend just passed.

Don't you just love having to complain the management about this sort of thing?

Don't you just love it when you learn the hard way that kitchen sink plumbing in an apartment complex is tied between floors and the people upstairs chucked something in their garbage disposal that they shouldn't have and being on the ground floor, your sink basins are backed up with smelly dirty nasty water?

Don't you just love it when, fearing flooding and it being after hours, you call the apartment complex emergency number and the idiot that answers the phone tells you that nobody will come out to take care of it until the next business day? Thank god that it's not the weekend. Thank god that the 4 day 4th of July holiday weekend just passed.

Don't you just love having to complain the management about this sort of thing?
I have just recently by chance stumbled upon the garbage disposal tube system, have never seen it before. It was a cleaning tips youtube video,and I was in awe.
We don't have that here, notthat I know of. Old fashioned garbage bins, and of course separating the recycables.
I hope you get it fixed asap.

Back
Top Bottom