Don't you just love it when ...

Don't you just love it when you wake from a dream about the battery in your vehicle's electronic key getting low; you drive the vehicle two hours later to an appointment and when you switch the engine off, you get a warning that the key's battery is low?

Clairvoyance is not recognized by science as anything other than fraud, cues or coincidence. And truly, most predictive instances that I would be freaked by, I figure can indeed be explained by cues and available information which trigger intelligent reasoned explanations when the predictions pan out. But dreaming that a car key battery will go low and have it happen two hours later is a bit specific and unusual. And this sort of thing isn't a first timer.

One thing you should never do is tell somebody about something about them that later came true. It scares them. And the fear is not about the prediction, but what they figure you might know about them. Never do that. Many people have things about themselves that they do not want to be known.

Don't you just love it when you get up in the morning and your right knee hurts, you stand up and the pain becomes intense. For a couple days, getting out of bed or climbing out of a chair has the same intense pain. It lessens as you walk a bit, but does not go away. It's right at the inside area of the knee cap.

Luckily, I have some leftover lidoderm lidocaine patches and after applying one to the area, the pain was lessened and not so intense. It went from a 9 to about 3 or 4 on the nurse's question "On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the pain?"

Gosh, I hate getting old.

None of your local bank branches will answer the phone since last year? You go to the drug store and have to wait 20 minutes as there is only one person on duty? You keep going to the supermarket in search of bags of spinach, arugula, chicken cutlets and eggs only to find NONE? And yes, these supermarkets will answer with a rude "I don't know" when you call beforehand? Having others give you the evil eye when you are masked but cough and sneeze?

Here's one: MrsT eats FiberWell gummies every day, per her doc's recommendation.

FiberWell at Kroger, $13 and I have a $2 coupon. No FiberWell at Kroger for the last two weeks.

I finally went to CVS, because she was completely out. FiberWell at CVS, $18. My hillbilly education tells me that's a $7 difference.

CVS had exactly one bottle left. Just the one. That's it.

"Well, at least they have one."

I brought it up to the register, and the cashier says, "You know these are buy-one-get-one-free, right?"

🤦‍♂️

Don't you just love it when you're using a ladle to transfer leftover soup from the pot on the stovetop to a plastic storage container, and the handle of the ladle catches the edge of the exhaust hood just above, spilling soup everywhere?

Don't you just love it when you're using a ladle to transfer leftover soup from the pot on the stovetop to a plastic storage container, and the handle of the ladle catches the edge of the exhaust hood just above, spilling soup everywhere?

Don't think that ever happened to me - are you are using a very tall pot or a ladle with a very long handle? Or maybe you did a sort of 'flourish' by swooping the ladle up high before pouring!

Don't you just love it when you suddenly have a cyst on your butt, it hurts when you sit, and you have to schedule an appointment to get it cut off and a biopsy done?

Don't think that ever happened to me - are you are using a very tall pot or a ladle with a very long handle? Or maybe you did a sort of 'flourish' by swooping the ladle up high before pouring!
Some quick measuring shows that if I set the ladle on the top edge of the Dutch oven, I have 2-in/5cm clearance between the top of the ladle handle and the bottom edge of the oven hood.

Of course, I have to lift the ladle over the rim of the pot, not just clear it precisely, so that space disappears pretty quickly, especially if I'm trying to shake little drips of broth off before moving over to the container.

Some quick measuring shows that if I set the ladle on the top edge of the Dutch oven, I have 2-in/5cm clearance between the top of the ladle handle and the bottom edge of the oven hood.

Hmm...maybe you have a low cooker hood and a long ladle. How tall is the Dutch oven? What is the length of the ladle? Oh - and there is nothing like a meaningless diversion in the afternoon (or morning in your case)...

Back
Top Bottom