Don't you just love it when ...

Don't you just love it when you are snacking on something and a crumb or bit of whatever it is goes into your wind pipe, forcing you to cough and cough for two or more minutes to clear it out?

Don't you just love it when you are snacking on something and a crumb or bit of whatever it is goes into your wind pipe, forcing you to cough and cough for two or more minutes to clear it out?
So sorry. It is a great ice breaker though, conversationally...once at the airport in Sofia, I travelled back to Zgreb with two of mycolleagues, one of them has some chronic problems and gets caught by coughing a lot. All the guards and customs ladies came to us, passengers were looking at us...so, if we wanted, we could have made tons of new acquantainces...:okay:

So sorry. It is a great ice breaker though, conversationally...once at the airport in Sofia, I travelled back to Zgreb with two of mycolleagues, one of them has some chronic problems and gets caught by coughing a lot. All the guards and customs ladies came to us, passengers were looking at us...so, if we wanted, we could have made tons of new acquantainces...:okay:

I have chronic sinusitis which is worse on cold days. In the mornings, my CPAP machine just leaves me clearing my head for over an hour every morning. The phlegm drains from sinuses into throat and triggers bronchial coughing. I worry a lot that during the pandemic, this coughing could be misinterpreted and yes, I have seen it on people's faces - the fear.

Last edited:
I have chronic sinusitis which is worse on cold days. In the mornings, my CPAP machine just leave me clearing my head for over an our every morning. The phlegm drains from sinuses into throat and triggers bronchial coughing. I worry a lot that during the pandemic, this coughing could be misinterpreted and yes, I have seen it on people's faces - the fear.
yes, that is irritating. Exactly! And you feel responsibility...She had a similar problem, recently, June or July or August she was kicked out of a store in her hometown on the island of Lošinj, because she coughed, although she explained her condition and, wore a mask...and ironically, two months prior she explained and praised the local island people to be very cool about the virus...which they were at the time, 0 cases then...
Things change...
We are close friends now, so not only business but also friendship. But not because of the cough :D

Don't you just love it, when you buy new plates and the label won't get off?

Very irritating. There is a product which I keep for such occasions, which gets them off:

1617867861668.png

Don't you just love it when the people living in the apartment just above yours have such horrible taste in music that it sounds like a very mediocre repetitive tempo of jungle drums, over and over and over again?

Boom-pah-boom, boom-pah-boom, boom-pah-boom, boom-pah- ....

I am given to wonder what the jungle drums are saying. Are they saying that those people are idiots? - morons? - people of low intellect and personal class? Are they saying that these people are likely overly indulging some sort of so called 'recreational' toxins?

That jungle drum tempo must be high on their list of most appreciated beats, because they have a habit of playing it again and again, hour after hour and day after day.

Thank god I have head phones and the movies I watch help to drown them out to some extent.

Have two.
Don't you just love it when the mobile operator changed its name and you only see the new name in shock on your own screen one day?

Oh and they increased the prepaid by a dollar equally not informing the customers?

Don't you just love it when you browse recipes and advertising keeps exploding all over the site?

Don't you just love it when you test the handles of your Dutch oven for how hot they are, deem that you can carry it to the sideboard, and just as you cross the halfway point, you've got Dutch oven handle marks seared into your palms?

Don't you just love it when you test the handles of your Dutch oven for how hot they are, deem that you can carry it to the sideboard, and just as you cross the halfway point, you've got Dutch oven handle marks seared into your palms?

My blister is just about gone, from Sunday last week, oven rack 1 me nil.

Russ

My blister is just about gone, from Sunday last week, oven rack 1 me nil.

Russ
I have a continual burn mark on my right hand between my thumb and first finger, from reaching under the top oven rack to check pizza baking on the stone on the bottom rack.

I think I burned all the nerve endings because I don't really feel it much anymore. :laugh:

I have a continual burn mark on my right hand between my thumb and first finger, from reaching under the top oven rack to check pizza baking on the stone on the bottom rack.

I think I burned all the nerve endings because I don't really feel it much anymore. :laugh:

I know that heat would do that, incidentally my wife just said her tips of her fingers are still tingling from the chillies.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom