Dry-Cured Olives

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
5:20 AM
Anyone have any suggestions for using these?

I'd bought them for a fantastic recipe as part of a challenge (not an olive challenge, that was the cool part), and I promptly lost the link to the recipe and my Swiss cheese memory prevented me from recalling even the general nature of what I was going to make...oh, maybe it had Swiss cheese in it?! :laugh:

Googling "dry-cured olive recipes" just gets me recipes for...making dry-cured olives, which I don't need. Maybe I'll try "recipes using dry-cured olives."

Anyway, I'd appreciate some suggestions. Thanks!

Anyone have any suggestions for using these?

View attachment 74958

I'd bought them for a fantastic recipe as part of a challenge (not an olive challenge, that was the cool part), and I promptly lost the link to the recipe and my Swiss cheese memory prevented me from recalling even the general nature of what I was going to make...oh, maybe it had Swiss cheese in it?! :laugh:

Googling "dry-cured olive recipes" just gets me recipes for...making dry-cured olives, which I don't need. Maybe I'll try "recipes using dry-cured olives."

Anyway, I'd appreciate some suggestions. Thanks!

What do they taste like, as compared to a regular jarred olive?

CD

I usually use that type of olive - they are always in my store cupboard. You could use them on a pizza. Or add to some sort of Moroccan style stew. Another way I use them is chopped in puttanesca sauce for pasta. Now I know you wouldn't eat anchovy which is in puttanesca but you can make it without anchovies (just leave them out). I'd taste test first as this type of olive can be rather salty. You can rinse them if it too much.

As luck would have it, as soon as I posted this topic (well, this morning, anyway), I'm slowly remembering what I was going to make with these: it was some kind of Sicilian version of a red cabbage dish. Now I've got to go and google that.

What do they taste like? they´re intense, perfumed, meaty, and ever so slightly smoky - absolutely delicious. I love to put them in salsas for pasta; they´re extraordinary with roasted chicken; they´re delicious sliced into salads; they turn a Pizza Hut into a Gourmet Ooh-la-la:D
Open the jar and eat one - if you think it´s too salty, then just eat less. Wonderful things!

Back
Top Bottom