Recipe Duck Confit, Wild Boar Terrine

Rocklobster

Legendary Member
Local time
2:43 PM
Duck Confit, Wild Boar Terrine

Ingredients
1 lb duck confit meat, or cooked duck meat.
4 oz of wild boar pate, cut into small cubes
1 cup of beef broth
1/4 cup water
1 packet of gelatin
1/8 cup of marmalade
1 Tbls green peppercorns
1/2 tsp salt
Chopped parsley

Preparation
In medium sauce pan, sprinkle gelatin in 1/4 cup of water to bloom for 5 minutes.
Add broth, marmalade, bring to a simmer.
Add duck meat and continue to simmer for two minutes. Stir in green peppercorns and salt.
Allow to cool for an hour, then add chopped pate and parsley.
Gently stir until mixed evenly and then pack in mold that is lined with plastic wrap. Smooth out top and cover and allow to cool and set overnight.

Remove from mold, slice and serve with bread, pickles, sliced red onions.

Last edited:
Did you want to add a photo to the recipe? I think you did post one in the challenge thread?

This recipe sounds delicious and very French influenced, apart perhaps for the marmalade. At first that surprised me as an ingredient but then I thought - yes, it would add a lovely bitter sweet tang and after all, duck à l'orange is a classic dish!

Did you want to add a photo to the recipe? I think you did post one in the challenge thread?

This recipe sounds delicious and very French influenced, apart perhaps for the marmalade. At first that surprised me as an ingredient but then I thought - yes, it would add a lovely bitter sweet tang and after all, duck à l'orange is a classic dish!
I thought it would too..and it did, thankfully..Although, it has increased the over all sweetness of the terrine so I increased the salt in the recipe to balance that out..

I should also add that you can use any type of pate in place of the Wild Boar..I realize it is pretty obscure but happen to have it because we sell it..anything else would do...even the duck confit..you could use shredded cooked duck meat..thaat's the beauty of these things..you can pretty much come up with your own combinations..

Back
Top Bottom