Easter feasting

easter.jpg

No real tradition here at our house. Because most of us don't work that day we do take the opportunity to get together. We were just talking about what to eat this morning..it will depend on how many people are going to drop in...some don't like this, some don't like that....I rarely get days off so I don't want to spend it all in the kitchen... maybe just bbq....although, ham and scalloped potatoes sounds good...I don't know...

I will probably do slow-cooked lamb and a vegetarian dish for my daughter (not sure what yet - maybe vegetarian Moussaka).

Easter dinners in Georgia are set in stone. Baked ham (with brown sugar and pineapple on top), potato salad (with mustard), fresh scallions, baked beans and rolls. And that's why we only eat salad the rest of the week :D

We do usually do a Polish/Slovakian style Easter dinner as that is my wife's heritage.

We start with white borscht, farmer's cheese (twarog) and rye bread, then have a roast ham, potato salad, coleslaw, steamed asparagus, sautéed string beans, grated beets and horseradish, and a casserole of sauerkraut, potatoes, and kielbasa.
I'm coming to your house for Easter!

~Stormy

Easter dinners in Georgia are set in stone. Baked ham (with brown sugar and pineapple on top), potato salad (with mustard), fresh scallions, baked beans and rolls. And that's why we only eat salad the rest of the week :D
Sounds good. Now what time is dinner?
Baked beans from scratch or very doctored pork and beans? Which reminds me, that is what I forgot at the store.
Oh I found a molasses and brown sugar syrup that is great in baked beans.

I'm coming to your house for Easter!

~Stormy

Normally I'd say c'mon up, but we're going to my niece's this year. I think we're just bringing the rye bread and kielbasi. My sis married an Italian guy, so the menu will be similar to ours, but throw in a lasagna, ricotta pie, and cannolis.

Has anyone cooked kid before?
I thought easter was about resurrection not cannibalism.

We don't bother either, we get an egg each from work but that is it.
I do hope it was a free-range one. but its a bit stingy 1 egg each.... half a dozen would have been a bit more useful. At least you could have made an omelette that way!

Our part of the feast will be Polish cheese babkas (1 for the family, 1 for my mom to take home) and Italian stiratos, and Polish rye breads, all bought from bakeries of which the owners are immigrants from those countries.
Next, we're bringing shrimp cocktail, and a kielbasi/onion/potato/sauerkraut casserole.

I thought easter was about resurrection not cannibalism.

I do hope it was a free-range one. but its a bit stingy 1 egg each.... half a dozen would have been a bit more useful. At least you could have made an omelette that way!

This year the boss was generous and we had a large egg each, TVC had cream egg and I had double decker, my egg and both bars are still I the fridge untouched :angelic:

Back
Top Bottom