Easy light lunch, a pie

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
9:04 PM
Just a standard type of pie we get here, Morning Glory might like to comment on the content? Whatever it is, it's pretty good, I like these every now and then. With Worcester sauce and tomato/ ketchup. These type are sold at the races and local shops. It's a big company.

Morning Glory[/USER] might like to comment on the content? Whatever it is, it's pretty good, I like these every now and then. With Worcester sauce and tomato/ ketchup. These type are sold at the races and local shops. It's a big company.

I like the idea of mince and cheese in a pie.

Ingredients:

Water, wheat flour, beef(15%) margarine[animal fat, vegetable oil, water, salt, emulsifier(471, 322 soya), acidity regulator(500, 330), colour(160a), antioxidant(307b soya)], cheese(5%)(milk, salt, culture, rennet, anticaking agent(460), preservative(200)), vegetables(carrots, onions), modified starch (1422), soya protein, salt, beef flavour[flavour enhancer(621, 631, 627), soya, wheat, colour(150d)], vegetable fibre, pepper, colour(150c, 160b), rice flour. Contains wheat, milk, soya. May contain egg. Manufactured in a facility that uses peanuts, tree nuts & sesame seeds.

Comment: This is a lot of ingredients for a mince and cheese pie (although this is partly because it lists all the ingredients in margarine and cheese). Its only 15% meat & 5% cheese plus flavour enhancers which include MSG and colouring.

I like the idea of mince and cheese in a pie.

Ingredients:

Water, wheat flour, beef(15%) margarine[animal fat, vegetable oil, water, salt, emulsifier(471, 322 soya), acidity regulator(500, 330), colour(160a), antioxidant(307b soya)], cheese(5%)(milk, salt, culture, rennet, anticaking agent(460), preservative(200)), vegetables(carrots, onions), modified starch (1422), soya protein, salt, beef flavour[flavour enhancer(621, 631, 627), soya, wheat, colour(150d)], vegetable fibre, pepper, colour(150c, 160b), rice flour. Contains wheat, milk, soya. May contain egg. Manufactured in a facility that uses peanuts, tree nuts & sesame seeds.

Comment: This is a lot of ingredients for a mince and cheese pie (although this is partly because it lists all the ingredients in margarine and cheese). Its only 15% meat & 5% cheese plus flavour enhancers which include MSG and colouring.
Only 15% meat, man that blows me away. My friend, a retired butcher says that company has a high content of fat in their goods. He won't eat their products.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom