Recipe Easy Marinated Mushrooms

Local time
5:45 PM
I don't know if this is something I would make but it sure is worth adding to the Cookingbites Challenge.

IMG_8053edit.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 pound cremini mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup diced red onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
  • 1 bay leaf
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
DIRECTIONS:
  1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook mushrooms just until tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain well.
  2. In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, olive oil, vinegar, red onion, garlic, sugar, oregano, peppercorns, red pepper flakes and bay leaf; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
  3. Transfer to an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours and up to 5 days.
  4. Serve at room temperature, garnished with parsley, if desired.

http://damndelicious.net/2015/11/20/easy-marinated-mushrooms/

Last edited:
This is really a 'pickled' mushrooms recipe, which delights me! Serve as part of a Meze alongside cold meats or fish and other vegetables. I'm going to make this recipe and report back.

I have never had mushrooms this way but I would definitely like to give them a try.
There is no doubt in my mind that they would be good. I bookmarked this recipe so
I can make some. I can almost taste them now!! Great recipe!! :)

Very curious how your mushrooms turned out @morning glory, I might have to make them for my husband :)
Here they are!

DSCF2718.jpg

I was a bit sceptical about boiling the mushrooms first. Most advice says 'don't boil mushrooms!'. I've made pickled or marinated mushrooms before but they are usually cooked in the pickling solution. However, I followed the recipe to the letter except for the fact I used chopped fresh chilli rather than chilli flakes. It is a very easy recipe as long as you have the ingredients to hand. Unfortunately, I have a horrible cold at the moment, so I can't really taste much! I will report back when I've carried out taste tests on the family.

Back
Top Bottom