www.youtube.com
Easy Roti Bread Recipe
View: https://youtu.be/IXzc4gQq1s8

Ingredients
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 150 ml water (approx. 1/2 cup)
  • 1 tbsp melted butter (optional for brushing)
Instructions
  1. Mix the flour with salt
  2. Add the vegetable oil
  3. Add water gradually and mix until the dough is formed
  4. Knead for 5-6 minutes and let the dough rest for 15 minutes
  5. Divide into small pieces and form a small ball shaped doughs
  6. Flour the surface and flatten to a disc shape
  7. Roll with a rolling pin until 2-3 mm thin
  8. Pre heat a non stick pan and bake until air bubbles appear
  9. Flip over and bake the other side only for a few seconds
  10. Transfer to open stove flame and cook until the bread puffs
  11. Melt 1 tbsp butter
  12. Brush the breads with melted butter and serve

This looks so easy peasy! I was confused about the instructions to "bake" but the video showed how to do it on the stove top.

I'm thinking I would have to do the last part on 1 or 2 since I have an electric stove.

This looks so easy peasy! I was confused about the instructions to "bake" but the video showed how to do it on the stove top.

I'm thinking I would have to do the last part on 1 or 2 since I have an electric stove.
Seconded. No open flame here - except on the rooftop (roof renovation work) where they are currently torching the old pitch/bitumen. Terrible smell everywhere 😬.

btw the classic Indian roti is without yeast anyway, just wanted to stress out it's quite easy and quick to make at home :) Sorry if it's misleading...

btw the classic Indian roti is without yeast anyway, just wanted to stress out it's quite easy and quick to make at home :) Sorry if it's misleading...

Yes - flatbreads at their most simple are flour, water, salt (not necessarily wheat flour). There a versions all over the world by different names. Tortillas, for example.

Back
Top Bottom