Eating straight from the tin

I eat tuna from the can and some times pork and beans when we have them. I like cold cornbread. I will make a large pan of cornbread and leave it sitting on the stove and the kids will eat it as a snack all during the day. If there is any left I will pour syrup over it and have a good time remembering when I was a kid and my mom had made some cornbread from scratch. When I make my cornbread I use a mix and add 1/2 cup of pancake mix to it much better than the mix alone.

I am guilty of scooping out a big spoonful of peanut butter right from the jar and eating it right off the spoon. If something in the fridge is at the bottom of the container I'll go ahead and skip putting it into a dish too, but otherwise it's really just peanut butter that I'm guilty of eating right from the jar.

I do not eat anything straight from the tin or can. I always feel I have to warm up whatever it is, whether it be beans, peas or corn. It is just a habit of mine. When I was much younger, however, I used to eat peanut butter just as it is, in a teaspoon. I have stopped doing that long time ago. It now has to be spread on either biscuit or bread.

Do you ever eat anything straight from the tin/can?

I have to confess that I love cold baked beans straight from the tin. I can't resist eating a spoonful or two and somehow they always taste better than heated up and on toast!
Me too. I can't resist a teaspoonful. Perhaps it residual memories of student days!

Ooh. I love baked beans from the tin as well. And spaghetti.
Hey! You buy tinned spaghetti! I used to have that as a kid. It doesn't actually have much relationship with any authentic pasta dish - but it is 'a thing unto itself' and you have got me hankering for it. I wonder if it still tastes the same. I'll have to go and buy a tin tomorrow (just in the interests of research, you understand).

Hey! You buy tinned spaghetti! I used to have that as a kid. It doesn't actually have much relationship with any authentic pasta dish - but it is 'a thing unto itself' and you have got me hankering for it. I wonder if it still tastes the same. I'll have to go and buy a tin tomorrow (just in the interests of research, you understand).

Haha. I love spaghetti. There is a thread abiut scones and what Americans call them. As soon as I read it, I quite fancied some, so I rushed off and made some.:laugh::laugh:

I also eat peanut butter from the spoon, and sardines straight from the can, with a seafood (cocktail) fork. I've been known to eat whole beets from the can, as well. I prefer the whole beets to sliced ones for some reason.

Can't think of any thing I eat from a can now , but in the world of outside expeditions you can cook in the can in boiling water and eat from the can

Sometimes when I have a taste for something I will get a large spoon of peanut butter and it seems to make me happy for a few hours. I like peanut butter on graham crackers, that is the best snack you can have.

I am spraining my brain to think of what I eat straight from the tin and I am coming up empty right now. Even the peanut butter mentioned which I started eating again recently must be spread on some biscuits/crackers. Maybe I will think of something later.

Do you ever eat anything straight from the tin/can?

I have to confess that I love cold baked beans straight from the tin. I can't resist eating a spoonful or two and somehow they always taste better than heated up and on toast!

I've done it with baked beans now & then. But just one or two teaspoonfuls. :wink:

To be honest reding this thread again puts my teeth on edge
The metal spoon scraping the metal tin.........

To be honest reding this thread again puts my teeth on edge
The metal spoon scraping the metal tin.........
Tee-hee! You could use a plastic or wooden spoon! Talking of which, I can't bear those little wooden paddles they give you with ice-cream tubs. Its something about their dryness on the tongue. Eew...

Back
Top Bottom