Eggplant chips!

Looks good! Seems you can use a lot of different things to make chips which are a great and healthy alternative to potatoes.
These look and sound great. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

I guess you can probably make chips out of many vegetables. I have to say, I really enjoy kale chips. Kale is soo good for you. I had some potato chips home made by a restaurant the other day that were really awesome. I would like to find out their method.They were thin sliced and super crispy.

Last edited:
It's so true what you said Kgord about making chips out of so many vegetables. That's something I have observed during my time here. I saw a recipe on Facebook the other day with home made chips. Sadly I did not save or pin it. If I find it again I will share.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused here. These don't look like crispy 'chips' which are called 'crisps' in the UK. I mean those crunchy slices of wafer thin potato or other veg. The aubergines wouldn't go crisp, would they? Well not in my experience...

OK. I think the picture attached to the recipe on the web page confused me. It shows rounds of aubergine, whereas the recipe talks about 'strips' which are then cut in half lengthwise. So the picture is very misleading! The recipe doesn't state how skinny these strips are. I have to think that should be cut very thin. That's the only way that you would get the aubergine to 'crisp'.

But @niemela23 if you have tried out this recipe then let us know how it went!

Things may be further confused by the use of the term 'chips' in the UK. In the UK chips mean fries. So if you see a UK recipe called, for example, sweet potato chips, this would mean wedges of sweet potato either deep fried or baked in the oven.

Back
Top Bottom