Epicurious Stops Publication of New Beef Recipes

I love beef and it's never been cheaper than now. If you know where to go. I'm getting 2,inch thick steaks for $3 a piece , unheard of before. We love beef a lot I serve with garlic sauce.
I'm dreading my grandkids when they want steak as that will be another 4 steaks. Added to the 6 adults.

Russ
Why do you think it is so cheap? Ours is really high and going higher..

The US gobbles up most of ours so the price never really drops..if anything it gets more expensive...

This is ridiculous, for cow farts ?

Its not simply about the gas - its a much more complex issue. For example:

Cattle contribute to climate change in multiple ways,” says Sujatha Bergen of the Natural Resources Defense Council. The first way involves the massive quantity of corn and soybeans grown to feed cattle. “It's grown using pesticides and fertilizer, which are actually produced using fossil fuels...we apply them all over the corn and the soy that we use to feed cattle.”

Nature has it's own rules, when we have to much cows, nature will fight us back and when we think we know what we're doing, like if there is a special button for ruling the world, nature will show us who's the boss here, in the same time universe loves us. I personally don't eat so much beef, meat in general but I love a good piece of beef, no matter what part and I hope we'll still have cows raised for beef in the future, they're so cool.
Stay healthy

There's a certain species of two-legged cattle, some would say, that puts more methane and other carbon gasses into the atmosphere on a constant crescendo scale.

However, it is never the problem that is addressed with regard to climate change, carbon foot print or anything else that adversely effects the environment.

Since meat and dairy provide 60% of agriculture’s greenhouse gas emissions but only 18% of the calories, is it not about time we addressed this problem in a rational way? Not my figures, but the result of a major study published in Science Journal in 2018.

https://josephpoore.com/Science 360 6392 987 - Accepted Manuscript.pdf
We have to first come up with feasable alternatives for all societies and let the demand on meat and dairy become reduced in a natural way, if that is to be the case..if we approach it by eradicating a food source and a way of life for billions of people before establishing a secure and proven system to sustain those cultures, there wil be a void and countless catastrophies worse than the one we percieve there to be now..

There's a certain species of two-legged cattle, some would say, that puts more methane and other carbon gasses into the atmosphere on a constant crescendo scale.

However, it is never the problem that is addressed with regard to climate change, carbon foot print or anything else that adversely effects the environment.
I have a particularly militant friend who is always schooling me on my poor choices, as far as the environment is concerned: "Why are you still shopping with plastic bags?...Why are you thinking of buying that car?...Why aren't you planting an organic garden?...Why are you still eating meat?...Why are you..."

When they announced they were about to have their first child, I immediately asked, "Why are you doing the one thing that's worse for the environment than all the other 'bad' things combined?"

:laugh:

People will instinctively justify their wants and needs' priority over the same of others....human nature is hierarchical...

I'm out..I don't want to come accross as being a political guy..even though I can be at times..lol

Last edited:
People will instinctively justify their wants and needs' priority over the same of others....human nature is hierarchical...

I'm out..I don't want to come accross as being a political guy..even though I can be at times..lol

A lot of this climate control stuff, in the end, is after all, political, a foot ball to be tossed at the mob and to present a super hero, we'll save the world, if you vote for us, view. If we all lived in a dictatorship, you wouldn't even hear this stuff. You'd just go hungry, unless you carried a machine gun to enforce to prevailing will over the masses.

Back
Top Bottom