Essential Kitchen Items

If I had a dollar for everytime answered the "essential kitchen Items, question, I would have have a lot more items by now. :roflmao:

Stuck on a deserted island answer, a 10-inch all-clad stainless skillet and a 8-inch stainless chef's knife (no rust).

Weekend camping, same skillet, same knife a dutch oven , a Weber Smokey Joe compact grill, and some tongs.

For at home daily use -- pretty much what I have now.

CD

I've never attempted to smoke meats and such.
The closest I got was back in the sixties when our fresh-out-of-college High School 'Home Ec.' teacher tossed a couple of banana peels in the oven, which of course set off the fire alarms before they were even medium-well!

Seriously though...I Googled 'BGE Mini' and it does look tempting....

Don't consider anything smaller than a large! Trust me.

$400 is cheaper than I can get it here for the mini - oh well, its all out of my price range anyway...

A BGE is something I would buy after my Porsche 997 GTS was paid off. Don't get me wrong, they are awesome, but I'm doing fine with my Webers. My biggest fear is that I would put on my clumsy shoes and knock the D)&%n thing over. $2,000 split in half.

CD

The last smoker that I saw belonged to an American mate over here. He used to haul it around on his pick-up.

One thing that I don't know how I lived without until I got one is a digital scale.

I think if I could have only one cooking vessel, it'd be my Dutch oven. I can do nearly anything in that.

Then, of course, a chef's knife and a paring knife.

I'll stop there or I'll end up listing my whole kitchen.

PS - I do like my hand citrus squeezer. And my rechargeable wine bottle opener.

I need to see a pic of this :scratchhead:

Cupboards. We have today been informed that our new cupboards are completed and ready for collection. We should have them next week.

My psycho knives and their baby brother, my large lidded frying pan which can accommodate meals for 4 at a pinch, my dutch oven, my triple slow cooker, my pizza stone which doubles as a griddle, and my kettle when it arrives - according to the tracker it is 9 deliveries away from me as I write this.

Wow, nice find.

She mentions to put the foil cutter back in the base after usage so you won't lose it.
"I" do not need that lecture.

I...more than likely, would probably misplace everything but the foil cutter, then have it lurking around the kitchen to haunt me for the rest of my days!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom