Evil Spammer on Facebook?!!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
1:57 AM
Yesterday, a supposed friend on Facebook had tricked & fooled me into thinking that I was joining a group, not realizing that he had set me up to be spammed & locked out of my account!! How & why did he do such a thing, I don't know, but when I'm able to get back in, I'm blocking him!! Goes to show that there are still some dirtbags in the world who will do some evil things to you. I reported him & hopefully, he'll be punished for it!! I can't believe that he did that!! I was reinstated back on, but still can't get in. I will eventually get back on. :whistling: 💩

Quite agree with medtran49
Your buddy probably had no idea he/she was being hacked. Happened to me a few years ago: a friend (who is an eminent gynaecologist) sent me a link. When some considerably voluptuous ladies appeared on my screen the following day, I called him. Embarrassed is the least I could say!!

You don't get the point! If his account was hacked, he had NOTHING to do with what happened! 🙄

You shouldn't be so quick to judge.
I'm judging him because he physically had me sign up in a pm that he sent to me. I know that it was him!! :eek:

Yep - but he probably thought it was a bona-fide site, just like my friend.
Well, the next one who tries to do that, I'll just say; No. I'm not interested!! There also WERE those there who will try to get you to sign up to supposedly win some money!! That a scam! They'll tell you to become a friend of someone who will supposedly get you the money. One you become their friend, the tell you to send them $500 & a UPS truck will come & hand deliver the money to you in the amount of $100,000!! Now if that's not a scam, I don't know what is!! You're screwed out of $500!!!! Born at night, NOT LAST NIGHT!!!! :eek:

I'm judging him because he physically had me sign up in a pm that he sent to me. I know that it was him!! :eek:

Yep - but he probably thought it was a bona-fide site, just like my friend.

If it was a PM on FB, it probably wasn't even him because his account was HACKED!

My aunt had her account hacked and was locked out. All of her friends on FB were sent all kinds of messages to our email addresses that were linked to FB. She had to either call us or send us an email on our other email addresses to not open anything from her from FB.

You can choose NOT to display your e-mail address if you don't want others to know or see it. I was locked out last year because my account was hacked! I signed up under a phony name so that others don't know my real name. :whistling:

You can stay on, but choose to deactivate your account manually. That way, you can come back when you get ready. Without having to sign up all over again. A friend of mine did that. :whistling:

Yep, I left after some family drama got out of hand, and I don’t really miss it.
I have a photo of a tree on my Facebook page, lol. No other photos. I opened it to track down a family member on my husband's side years ago. I don't use the account for any thing but I do get email birthday reminder notifications.

I have a photo of a tree on my Facebook page, lol. No other photos. I opened it to track down a family member on my husband's side years ago. I don't use the account for any thing but I do get email birthday reminder notifications.

I have a fake account I can use to look someone up. No posts, no pictures, no friends.

CD

Back
Top Bottom