Fancy Some

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
12:28 PM
of this lot?
Per 100mg
Energy(calculated) 66.45kJ, Carbohydrate 2g, Fat 0.1g, Protein 0.75g, Alcohol 0g, Fibre 2g, Organic Acids 0g, Sugar Alcohols 0g, Starch 0.30g, Sugars 1.7g, Fructose 0.6g, Glucose 0.7g, Sucrose 0.4g, Polysaccharides, non-cellulosic(water-soluble) 0.6g, Fibre(water-insoluble) 1.4g, Fatty Acids 0g, Cholesterol (GC) 0mg, Sterols 7.8mg, Calcium 25.00mg, Iron 0.27mg, Iodide (Iodine) 1µg, Potassium 243mg, Magnesium 11.2mg, Sodium 2mg, Salt 5.1mg, Phosphorus 19mg, Selenium 0µg, Zinc < 0.1mg, Tryptophan 9mg, Folate 22µg, Niacin Equivalents 0.35mg, Niacin Preformed (Nicotinic Acid + Nicotinamide) 0.2mg, Vitamers Pyridoxine (Hydrochloride) 0.05mg, Riboflavine 0.09mg, Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 0.04mg, Vitamin B-12 (Cobalamin) 0µg, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 8mg, Vitamin A (Retinol Activity Equivalents) 367.69µg, Carotenoids 7,260µg, Vitamin D 0µg, Vitamin E (Alphatocopherol)1.06mg, Vitamin K 1.10µg

Per 100mg corrected to read Per 100g

Last edited:
of this lot?
Per 100mg
Energy(calculated) 66.45kJ, Carbohydrate 2g, Fat 0.1g, Protein 0.75g, Alcohol 0g, Fibre 2g, Organic Acids 0g, Sugar Alcohols 0g, Starch 0.30g, Sugars 1.7g, Fructose 0.6g, Glucose 0.7g, Sucrose 0.4g, Polysaccharides, non-cellulosic(water-soluble) 0.6g, Fibre(water-insoluble) 1.4g, Fatty Acids 0g, Cholesterol (GC) 0mg, Sterols 7.8mg, Calcium 25.00mg, Iron 0.27mg, Iodide (Iodine) 1µg, Potassium 243mg, Magnesium 11.2mg, Sodium 2mg, Salt 5.1mg, Phosphorus 19mg, Selenium 0µg, Zinc < 0.1mg, Tryptophan 9mg, Folate 22µg, Niacin Equivalents 0.35mg, Niacin Preformed (Nicotinic Acid + Nicotinamide) 0.2mg, Vitamers Pyridoxine (Hydrochloride) 0.05mg, Riboflavine 0.09mg, Thiamin (Vitamin B1) 0.04mg, Vitamin B-12 (Cobalamin) 0µg, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 8mg, Vitamin A (Retinol Activity Equivalents) 367.69µg, Carotenoids 7,260µg, Vitamin D 0µg, Vitamin E (Alphatocopherol)1.06mg, Vitamin K 1.10µg

Can I just make a sensible query regarding the quantity please?

I cannot for the life of me see how 100mg of anything can possess 2g of carbohydrates, 2g of fibre and 0.75g of protein. The maths doesn't work. Should it be 100ml? I just have a feeling that this is a liquid...

So ignoring that...
  • Given it has no cholesterol and no vitamin d, it is not mammal/fish/... based
  • most of the carbohydrates are sugars (1.7g of the 2g), so it's probably sweet to sweetish
  • Of the 2g of fibre, 1.4g is non soluble
  • It had quite a few of the B vitamins in it.
  • It's got vitamins A, C, E & K
  • It's got Calcium, Iron, Iodine, Potassium, Magnesium, Sodium, Phosphorus and Zinc in it.
  • Curiously it has mentioned that it has no Alcohol, Organic Acids or Sugar Alcohols which would suggest an alcoholic version of it is available (?) in organic form (?)
Have Guinness got an alcohol free version out?

Last edited:

I cannot for the life of me see how 100mg of anything can possess 2g of carbohydrates, 2g of fibre and 0.75g of protein. The maths doesn't work. Should it be 100ml? I just have a feeling that this is a liquid...

So ignoring that...
  • most of the carbohydrates are sugars (1.7g of the 2g)
  • It's got Calcium, Iron, Iodine, Potassium, Magnesium, Sodium, Phosphorus and Zinc in it.
  • Curiously it has mentioned that it has no Alcohol, Organic Acids or Sugar Alcohols which would suggest an alcoholic version of it is available (?) in organic form (?)
Not a liquid.

So ignoring that...
  • most of the carbohydrates are sugars (1.7g of the 2g), so it's probably sweet to sweetish

It seems they have!
original.jpg

Not listed though and it accounts for 95% of the weight and is not a liquid.

So probably not of animal or fish origin for above reasons, 95% water, high vit b... It's now only 1.7% sugar by weight... So not that sweet, contains some protein and some fibre but not much of either... It's that statement about alcohol sugars and organic acids that bugs me

Back
Top Bottom