Father's Day

Berties

Guru
Local time
2:52 PM
Today has been Father's Day in the uk, is it just a British thing?
I've had a hamper of strong cider and chocolate products , I had a early morning ride , back at 9am and then spent the day with my boys with a family bbq with my father , just a good way to spend a day

Today has been Father's Day in the uk, is it just a British thing?
I've had a hamper of strong cider and chocolate products , I had a early morning ride , back at 9am and then spent the day with my boys with a family bbq with my father , just a good way to spend a day
Gosh you are a lucky Dad! Think they may have it in US but not necessarily the same day. When I was a kid, I can't remember there being a Father's day. Perhaps its something we've imported. Either that, or my memory is shot through...:(

Today (Sunday the 21st) is Father's Day in the U.S. as well. I called my Dad at 2:30 this afternoon from work and he was just about ready to go to bed! Of course, he'll be 93 on July 2nd.

It is already 19 years ago when my father died. How I wish he is still with us in the family so that we can greet him "Happy Fathers Day to a great dad who had worked hard to give us a comfortable home, a good education and a good life...The good moral values in life that you leave us behind will be our stepping stone to reach our goals in life..." I really miss my dad and love him so much..

I made my father some baked treats for Father's Day, and I will get him a nice cold case of brewskis and cookout on the grill during the 4th of July here in the US, making sure it's a good old fun time - and to make up for Father's Day being so far apart (an us being far apart - different states ) so I'm looking to relaxing with pops and enjoying a nice evening of BBQ'ing.

We celebrate Father's day here too, but it does not get as much hype as Mother's day does. I believe celebrating days like these is always good, since it reminds us of the importance of fathers and mothers and the sacrifices that they made for us along the way. However, I believe that fathers and mothers should be celebrated every day, not necessarily in a big way, but at least they should always be honoured and remembered. Having special days set apart for them makes them feel really honoured and special.

We really do not celebrate Father's Day in our house. But last Sunday, my husband and I went to the mall for lunch. Just the 2 of us to savor the airconditioning of the mall, do some grocery shopping, and then have lunch. Our favorite is pork barbecue and the vegetable spring roll that is a healthy food since it is organic. We also had young coconut juice. Basically, that's Father's Day for us.

The day before Father's Day TVC and I took my dad to a model railway exhibition. We had a fun day with dad, he is doing a lot better, still misses mum a huge amount as we all do but he is getting there, he can talk about her without filling up so that is good.

Back
Top Bottom