Favorite Crock Pot Recipes

Snackmeister

Local time
8:34 PM
I recently got a crock pot and have been trying more "set it and forget it" recipes. Does anybody have a favorite crock pot recipes worth trying?

Lots and lots - but it depends on what kind of food you like. Curry is good in a crock pot (slow-cooker in the UK). What kinds of dishes do you like?

None as we don't own one.:meh: Didn't like them back in the '70's when they first appeared and nothing has changed my mind since.

None as we don't own one.:meh: Didn't like them back in the '70's when they first appeared and nothing has changed my mind since.

That is interesting - what didn't you like? They are brilliant for slow cooking tougher cuts of meat.

The best thing I make in a slow cooker is split pea soup utilizing the meaty bone leftover from a holiday ham.

I'll post my recipe as soon as I find it.

I think crock pots AKA slow cookers have gotten a bad rap these days. Experiment with your pot regarding cooking time and follow the directions that came with your Crock-Pot.

I like to cook my tomato sauce in the crock pot. I brown
my meatballs first on the stove, then add them to the pot. I add San Marzano Tomatoes, garlic, cooked onions, Italian seasonings a little red wine. Then add my browned meatballs to the sauce. I've tucked a few ravioli in the sauce with the meatballs about an hour or less before the end of cooking time.You could also do braciole this way. There's a good recipe for Sunday gravy at foodnetwork.com. I've also made beef bourguignon in the slow cooker.
It helps to brown your beef first. Cooking times will vary.

Last edited:
Lots and lots - but it depends on what kind of food you like. Curry is good in a crock pot (slow-cooker in the UK). What kinds of dishes do you like?

Can you share a few of your favorites in the new thread you started for Crock-Pot recipes?

Back
Top Bottom