Favorite kind of bagel

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
8:49 PM
What is your favorite kind of bagel? Right now I really like to make bagel sandwiches using either an onion bagel or an Asiago cheese bagel. I spread cream cheese all over the bread and then add lettuce and meat. What kinds do you like and how do you prepare them?

There's a small bagel restaurant in Washington, near Dupont Circle DC that I like to go to. It is owned run by Asian people. They make the best bagels that I ever had!!
I always go there to get a breakfast sandwich when I stay in Washington in the Dupont Circle area! :wink:

Salt beef from the 24 hour bagel shop , brick lane ,London

Last edited:
My all-time favourite was when introduced to a hole-in-the-wall-sized bagel-only shop open 24 hours a day: bagged immediately after cooking and walking out of the store eating one warm. Amazingly memorable - like one's first kiss!!

I love a blueberry bagel. I am happy just to eat it with some melted cheese or just spread some butter on one side and dig in. Once or twice or I've eaten it as is.

I love cinnamon raisin bagels with a little smear of cream cheese. I prefer to put the cream cheese on the bagel myself rather than having the bagel shop do it; they tend to put way more than I like, even if I order it with a small amount. Oh, yes, I prefer the bagel to be toasted too so it has a slight crunch on the outer edge but still chewy in the middle.

My all-time favourite was when introduced to a hole-in-the-wall-sized bagel-only shop open 24 hours a day: bagged immediately after cooking and walking out of the store eating one warm. Amazingly memorable - like one's first kiss!!

oh I bet that was the best bagel ever! That is kind of like the Krispy Kreme donut shop we have here in my town, if you get there at the right time your glazed donut is hot and free. I could only imagine how good a fresh hot bagel would taste

I love a blueberry bagel. I am happy just to eat it with some melted cheese or just spread some butter on one side and dig in. Once or twice or I've eaten it as is.

That used to be my jam when I was a teenager. Blueberry bagel with strawberry cream cheese. Growing up you lose that sugar packed whimsy, I guess. Now I love me some sesame bagels just toasted & no cream cheese. *sigh*

I remember flavored cream cheese, I am not sure if they sell it anymore as I have not seen it in a long time. You used to be able to get strawberry and peach flavored if I remember correctly.

My favorite bagel is an everything bagel topped with herb and garlic cream cheese. I, also, like bagel sandwiches. A BLT on a bagel is so good. I love that textures of bagels and that they don't get soggy when you add toppings. A local bakery here makes pizza bagels. They are awesome. I don't eat bagels often but when I do I always enjoy them.

Back
Top Bottom