Favorite kind of bagel

I like the blueberry ones, or the chocolate chip. There is a local shops that makes them with chocolate chips, though it's expensive. It's a nice treat though.

I actually don't like them :(
I know what you mean. Too chewy IMHO. I have a recipe somewhere (they are fun to make) and my son likes them. The home made one's taste better, I think. But then, I reckon you have to go to a Jewish baker to get the real deal. Supermarket versions are a pale imitation. I'll hunt out the recipe and post it.

I know what you mean. Too chewy IMHO. I have a recipe somewhere (they are fun to make) and my son likes them. The home made one's taste better, I think. But then, I reckon you have to go to a Jewish baker to get the real deal. Supermarket versions are a pale imitation. I'll hunt out the recipe and post it.

We have tried the ones you can buy in the supermarket and they are not nice to eat even toasted, however we were in London a few years ago and there was a small shop that made their own bagels on site and you could choose the filling, because they were freshly made, still warm and filled with fresh ingredients they were delicious.

Back
Top Bottom