Favorite Movies

Watched "Tijuana Jackson: Purpose Over Prison." I mean, tried to watch. But the whole film has been filmed by someone running. I hate the films filmed as if people were fighting for the camera while shooting. It makes me nauseated. Deleted after the first few minutes. Showed me yet again the importance of watching a trailer before downloading a film.
I'm exactly the same way. I hate "found footage" movies for that very reason.

I tried watching "Irreversible" a little while ago, and not only is it told in reverse chronological order (which isn't artsy at all, it's just unnecessarily annoying), but for much of the movie, the camera appears to be controlled by a fly - it loops and dips in and out of the action, sometimes randomly upside down and/or sideways. I couldn't watch the whole thing.

Watched "Tijuana Jackson: Purpose Over Prison." I mean, tried to watch. But the whole film has been filmed by someone running. I hate the films filmed as if people were fighting for the camera while shooting. It makes me nauseated. Deleted after the first few minutes. Showed me yet again the importance of watching a trailer before downloading a film.
All of our family movies filmed by my dad are shot in this style. He keeps filming while he's moving and wherever his eyes go the camera goes too.

All of our family movies filmed by my dad are shot in this style. He keeps filming while he's moving and wherever his eyes go the camera goes too.
Most personal filming is like that. That's a different story from these "professional" film makers who think that deliberately moving the camera is an "art." :D

Good Morning.

I plan on three more movies today ...

Breakfast: "Enemy Mine"
Mid-day: "Flesh & Blood"
Late Night: "James Bond, 007, A View To A Kill"

The good news is that there was no Lunar New Year rehearsal last night. I got plenty of sleep.

But I plan on another easy day today, as I have some road trips to make Tuesday and Wednesday.

It's the usual Oats and Coffee Breakfast this morning with the Breakfast movie being "Ladyhawk" with Rutger Hauer and Mathew Broderick.

The mid-day movie will be "LifeForce", a good vampire movie.

The late night movie I have chosen is "Mad Max, Beyond Thunderdome."

The mid-day movie will be "LifeForce", a good vampire movie.

It's Mathilda May's birthday today. She's 56.

w=0&h=fdeNE7aqWAHJIXk5k-OGdni-XHdweilZkVXJ_Mj9W44=.jpg

The late night movie I have chosen is "Mad Max, Beyond Thunderdome."

Whereas Tina is a few years older.

I won't call this a favorite movie, but it's noteworthy to me: "Monsters & Mazes," starring Tom Hanks in his first movie role. I'm watching it right now.

Noteworthy to me for two reasons:

1. This is inspired by the true story of a boy-genius who ultimately committed suicide, but when he first went missing, it was reported in the news that he was an avid Dungeons & Dragons player, and there was a lot of rush to judgment in the media to blame the role-playing game for causing a mental breakdown.

The young man in question was from my area, so it was a very well-covered news story at the time, and I remember it distinctly.

2. I also have a vivid memory of watching this when it originally aired in 1982. We used to get the TV Guide (for folks who remember that), and I was always in the habit of going through and highlighting things I wanted to watch that week.

"Mazes & Monsters" earned a special "spotlight" - meaning instead of just a little one-line listing, it got a full description and photo (in b&w), and I was determined to see it, and I did, and I never forgot it, because I so looked forward to it that week.

It's not a great movie by any means, but to a 16yo kid with no social life, it was fantastic!

No Breakfast today, as I have to do some driving. I don't like to eat or drink Coffee these days before going roading.

It's early morning here and I'll be watching one movie, "Pale Rider", but don't know if I'll get to any others today, maybe just the Late Night. I'll update, if I get back in time for other movies.

He's ba - ack! I think I can fit in the following two movies today...

Mid-day movie will be "Red Sonja" starring Arnie.

And the late night movie will be "Silverado." It's about time I snuck a Western in.

Good morning. I have another road trip this morning to do that blood lab and will get some groceries on the way back. No breakfast is slated when I go out in the morning. I must continue fasting until after the blood lab.

I plan the following movies for today.

Before going out: "To Live and Die in L.A." This is an absolutely wonderful cops and robbers flick.
Mid-day: "Aliens" This is the 2nd in the Aliens series.
Late Night: "At Close Range" Interesting movie. Christopher Walken and Sean Penn, others.

I watched "Whiskey Galore" again, it's such a fun film to watch. It's very much like "Secret of Santa Vittoria" and therefore I'm downloading it tonight. Of them I think I cannot name which one is better because both are really good films to watch. They have been rated 7.2 and 7.3 on IMDB respectively although belonging to two eras.

I watched "Whiskey Galore" again, it's such a fun film to watch. It's very much like "Secret of Santa Vittoria" and therefore I'm downloading it tonight. Of them I think I cannot name which one is better because both are really good films to watch. They have been rated 7.2 and 7.3 on IMDB respectively although belonging to two eras.

I've never heard of or seen either. I'll have to look them up.

Back
Top Bottom