Favorite Movies

I'm up way early this morning. It's 12:41am as I type and brew Coffee.

I will be watching "Star Trek II, The Wrath of Kahn" while that is going on.

If I watch a later Breakfast movie, it will be the 1982 version of the "The Thing." Gosh, I like that movie.

Later, the movie will be "Carmen", a Spanish movie with English subtitles. This is a rather interesting adaptation of Carmen, co-starring the Flamenco Guitarist Paco de Lucia. It is quite an enjoyable film.

I may have time to fit a fourth movie in, having woke so early.

Yesterday I re-watched my favorite movie, "Dead Poets Society". When I was 12 or 13 there was a period where I would watch this movie everyday, 17 years later I watched it again and I wish I had felt the same I way I felt about the movie back then. The movie is centered on the love of poetry (what a beautiful theme!), it did make me want to go back to poetry and the way I felt about poetry back in the day.

That's the danger about going back to things you used to love, you find that you feel different about them...I still love this movie but the magic is different now.

Yesterday I re-watched my favorite movie, "Dead Poets Society". When I was 12 or 13 there was a period where I would watch this movie everyday, 17 years later I watched it again and I wish I had felt the same I way I felt about the movie back then. The movie is centered on the love of poetry (what a beautiful theme!), it did make me want to go back to poetry and the way I felt about poetry back in the day.

That's the danger about going back to things you used to love, you find that you feel different about them...I still love this movie but the magic is different now.

Your post reminded me of this quote...

“In a forest of a hundred thousand trees, no two leaves are alike. And no two journeys along the same path are alike.”
― Paulo Coelho, Aleph

Downloading Dead Poets Society. Good rating on IMDB.

I'm up way early this morning. It's 12:41am as I type and brew Coffee.

I will be watching "Star Trek II, The Wrath of Kahn" while that is going on.

If I watch a later Breakfast movie, it will be the 1982 version of the "The Thing." Gosh, I like that movie.

Later, the movie will be "Carmen", a Spanish movie with English subtitles. This is a rather interesting adaptation of Carmen, co-starring the Flamenco Guitarist Paco de Lucia. It is quite an enjoyable film.

I think I must watch Carmen the Spanish version(1983 right?)
"Take the Lead" and "Step Up" are modern day films of that kind I guess.

I think I must watch Carmen the Spanish version(1983 right?)
"Take the Lead" and "Step Up" are modern day films of that kind I guess.

I don't know about "Take The Lead" and "Step Up" and how they might compare to 1983 "Carmen", as I have never seen them. I'll have to google them.

I think anyone would like the 1983 "Carmen." It is an interesting take on what would otherwise be an Opera and reveals much about a Spanish Flamenco Artist Colony and the whole genre of Flamenco in the process.

I don't know about "Take The Lead" and "Step Up" and how they might compare to 1983 "Carmen", as I have never seen them. I'll have to google them.

I think anyone would like the 1983 "Carmen." It is an interesting take on what would otherwise be an Opera and reveals much about a Spanish Flamenco Artist Colony and the whole genre of Flamenco in the process.
They are not classics, just 2 films with dancing and romance etc., cannot be "compared" in anyway to something based on an opera anyway.

I did have time for a 4th movie today and it's another dance choreography flick - "Flash Dance." I'd bet that a number of us guys have this film stashed away.

Yesterday we watched "Sully", about the landing on the Hudson, very interesting. The ending with the survivors and Captain Sully next to the plane in Charlotte's museum, was very moving.

Watching Dead Poets Society. That scene where the teacher first enters the classroom and they go silent, that took me a few decades back to my school days. For a moment I was one of them!

This morning for Breakfast, Jimmy Dean Breakfast Croissant, a Banana and Coffee, will be eaten while watching "James Bond, Octopussy."

The mid-day movie will be "The Right Stuff", a historical drama which regards the US Space program.

The late night movie will be "Scarface."

Watched "The Little Things." the story is alright but the it ends in a rather low note as I saw it. Also some scenes don't match the atmosphere. The officer with the gun digging while a civilian is watching and taunting him, and letting a suspect come close while the officer is not ready to pull his gun, a seasoned officer weeping at the sight of a dead man are some such instances. Hope I didn't spoil the film for you.

Back
Top Bottom