Favorite Movies

MrsT has decided she wants to watch all the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. Not my favorite way to spend 40 hours (out however long they are).

Oh my gosh! Here comes several Batman, Superman, Spiderman, etc., etc. movies. I don't even have these in my collection.

The nearest I have to the Marvel Comic stuff is "Sin City" and "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For." Treat MrsT to those flicks. She might well be fascinated. And if you have not seen them before, you might well like them.

These two flicks are on the edge of Bizarre and very Adult themed.

I consider that flick "Temple Grandin" to be of such historical note, that I ordered it. I have a number of Biography and History movies. I like to have these in my collection.

I have a large number of Documentary films as well.

Last edited:
Watched "The Big Chill." A good story but for me I needed a little bit more comedy. The guy who had an accident in Vietnam reminded me of the novel "The Sun Also Rises." MypinchofItaly you will definitely like "10:30 PM Summer."

Good morning food fans. It's another day with a spoon and fork in hand.

Today, Breakfast is back to Oats and Coffee. And the Breakfast movie will be "Das Boot" with English subtitles.

Mid-day, as I work out a challenge entry, I have picked a gore movie "Cannibal Ferox."

The late night movie I picked for today is the 1981 "Clash of The Titans."

Watched "The In-Laws" 1979 film. It's really good as a comedy. No tangled webs of plots but the simple story is entertaining. The Chinese flight attendant is hilarious.

"As Good as it Gets" with Jack Nicholson, Helen Hunt, Greg Kinnear...great movie, so funny!

Haha, I watched it a couple of weeks ago! That movie makes frequent appearances here, on any number of networks.

A bit of a movie gripe - as it should be able to tell, I love horror movies, especially 60's-80's ones, and I like a lot of the low-budget ones.

That means I'm always a sucker for cheap "mega pack" DVD collections - the kind they sell for $5US with names like "The Undead Brigade: 15 Vampire Movies!"

The problem is, I buy these, and more often than not, they won't play in any of the computers or DVD players I have, or a disc will have five movies on it and it'll play just the first one, or it'll play one, but no audio, or audio and no video, or it'll get 10 minutes in and just crap out for no particular reason
"Return of the Living Dead"...all of them?

"Brains, fresh brains!"

Good Morning. I am going grocery shopping this morning, so no Coffee or Breakfast for me.

I didn't finish the "Clash of The Titans" last night, so that will do for this morning.

Mid-day, I have chosen "Death Hunt" and the late night movie will be "Dogs of War."

Good morning to my fellow food junkies ...

There'll be no cook'n for me today as I still have left overs to consume. I'm think'n Meatballs for the challenge recipe to do tomorrow.

Breakfast is back to Coffee and Oats. Gosh is my Breakfast routine mundane or what?

The morning movie? "The Evil Dead." Zany, yes, but hell's bells, the comedy will get me going.

Mid-day, I have picked "Excalibur" and the late night movie will be "The Eye of The Needle", another British WWII movie.

Another day dawns in the Wild West. Breakfast is Coffee, Oats and a Banana. My left overs are all gone, so today is back to the challenge. I was going to do Meatballs, but since I still had one Chicken Half Breast in the fridge and got tied up in the Chilli discussion, I'll do a Chicken Chilli instead.

The Breakfast movie today is an old WWI favorite with Mel Gibson - "Gallipoli."

For the mid-day, I have chosen "Ghost Story."

The late night movie will be "Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark."

I could hear rain pelting the window last night before I really bagged it trying to imagine what I'd do with Meatballs. And here I am, another day in pandemicdise. Good Morning.

Breakfast is the usual Coffee, Oats and a Banana, but I am thinking of doing some changes. It's getting too routine, even though I would like to make some more home made Granola and Granola Bars.

The Breakfast movie today is "James Bond, 007, For Your Eyes Only."

And while I am getting my hands greasy rolling Meatballs, I picked "Mad Max, The Road Warrior."

Finally, there's the matter of the late night matinee - "Outland."

Yeow! It's 12:28am and I'm up and can't get back to sleep. I set the Coffee on and may do Oats and Banana, before trying to go back to bed.

I received the movie "Temple Grandin" yesterday and will watch that now.

Back
Top Bottom