Favorite Movies

Watched "Locked Down." Didn't like it at all. 90% of the film action is via video calling :roflmao: Occasionally they go out to a shop etc., but it's mainly via video calls. Personally I consider it as a waste of my data. But if you like the "story" and don't care how it is put into action, then this could be good for you.

Watched "Locked Down." Didn't like it at all. 90% of the film action is via video calling :roflmao: Occasionally they go out to a shop etc., but it's mainly via video calls. Personally I consider it as a waste of my data. But if you like the "story" and don't care how it is put into action, then this could be good for you.
I saw the ad for that movie. I thought I really don't need to watch a film depiction of what we're currently going through, I do enough not leaving home that I don't want to watch a movie about people not leaving home 😂

I saw the ad for that movie. I thought I really don't need to watch a film depiction of what we're currently going through, I do enough not leaving home that I don't want to watch a movie about people not leaving home 😂
EXACTLY!!!
I think it's a super cheap way to make a film but why should we watch it. lol.

Breakfast movie with Oats and Coffee is "Star Trek, The Motion Picture."

Later I will watch another of the new movies "Angry Red Planet." I have never seen this one before.

The late nite movie I have chosen is going to be "Zulu Dawn."

I came across the fillum because it's Ruth Wilson's 39th birthday today. She played the psychotic "Alice Morgan" in the BBC 1 series "Luther" and also "Rebecca Reid" in this fillum.

View attachment 54786
She is a great actress. I've only seen her in "Luther" and her character is scary. I'll keep an eye out for more of her work.

The "Angry Red Planet" movie is definitely a low budge B movie out of the late 50s. It is comically amusing for its plot, presentation, tripping over scientific facts, corny effects and dumb dialogue. And that's saying something as it is a SciFi movie, not a Comedy. :laugh:

For the longest time, I have said that “Blade Runner” is my favorite movie. And, I definitely loved the new “Blade Runner”.

But, when MypinchofItaly mentioned the excellent “Shutter Island”, I thought of what might be my new fave: “Inception”. The movie concept is mind blowing, the cast is phenomenal throughout, and I seriously think I’ll never get tired of watching it.

For the longest time, I have said that “Blade Runner” is my favorite movie. And, I definitely loved the new “Blade Runner”.

But, when MypinchofItaly mentioned the excellent “Shutter Island”, I thought of what might be my new fave: “Inception”. The movie concept is mind blowing, the cast is phenomenal throughout, and I seriously think I’ll never get tired of watching it.
Blade Runner new film is already in my download list. But Shutter Island and Inception, with all their high ratings and recommendations, didn't quite hit home for me. I don't like the psychological/analytical elements in any film.
torrents.jpg

I do wish I could see "Lobster Man from Mars" again. I first saw it at a Science Fiction convention. There was an open movie period, and we had to choose between other bad movies. We picked this because it's one that's so ridiculously bad that it's entertaining. You can see the trailer here. I'm guessing this didn't help the cinematic legacy of Patrick McNee or Tony Curtis.

Blade Runner new film is already in my download list. But Shutter Island and Inception, with all their high ratings and recommendations, didn't quite hit home for me. I don't like the psychological/analytical elements in any film.
View attachment 55249
I'm guessing you wouldn't like "Tenet". I wanted to see it, and the only option was to buy it ($20). While I think it's excellent, I have to admit I'm glad I own it, since it gives me a chance to rewatch it. The concept of the movie is also mind-bending, and it takes some time for it all to sink in. I think the fact you really have to pay attention (plus the 2 hour, 30 minute run time) are why it wasn't a bigger success.

Back
Top Bottom