Favorite Movies

That's better. I managed to get back to sleep, even after drinking Coffee. It's now 6:02am. It's raining outside. The onset of the coldest month of the year, February is days away and the Jet Stream is wobbling like a side winder on hot desert sand bringing rain and Arctic cold. And all any of us can do is wait out the 40 to 50 days until it settles and the Pineapple Express shoots tropical air our way and warms our days.

I had been thinking of something else for Breakfast, but no, Oats and a Banana continue to be the thing. My thermos kept some Coffee warm for me.

I watched the "Temple Grandin" movie while I was awake at 12:30am this morning. For my critique, I found it to have spots of autistic humor and was definitely a tear jerker while being very informative of Grandin's condition and her early years Bibliography. It's a movie worth having.

For this morning's Breakfast movie, I pick a stupid caveman movie called "Quest for Fire."

For the mid-day movie, the choice is "Sea Wolves."

And for the late night movie, the selection is "Southern Comfort."

Good Morning.

The Breakfast movie this morning is "The Beastmaster."

Mid-day, I will be watching "Blade Runner."

And the late night select will be a very good comedy "Cannery Row."

I really enjoyed watching "Cannery Row" last night. I really like that comedy.

The Breakfast movie this morning is "E.T., The Extra-Terrestrial."

For the mid-day movie, I have selected "Fitzcaraldo" , an interesting Werner Herzog movie from the Amazon basin.

And the late nighter that I have chosen will be an Australian adventure romance flick with lots of horses, "The Man From Snowy River."

Anyone watched the Top Gear America season 2? I've never watched a single episode and wondering if it's worth watching. New episodes are out, hence the curiosity.

Anyone watched the Top Gear America season 2? I've never watched a single episode and wondering if it's worth watching. New episodes are out, hence the curiosity.
Big Top Gear fan, the TGA grew on me, but some of it just tries too hard, imo. I like Tanner and Rutledge over Adam as far as the hosting goes. Their chemistry does get a bit better as things progress, but it still feels like an Americanized version of slightly watered down, trying to be funny/witty TG...and I guess that's becasue that's exactly what it is.

Big Top Gear fan, the TGA grew on me, but some of it just tries too hard, imo. I like Tanner and Rutledge over Adam as far as the hosting goes. Their chemistry does get a bit better as things progress, but it still feels like an Americanized version of slightly watered down, trying to be funny/witty TG...and I guess that's becasue that's exactly what it is.
Current Top Gear UK is nowhere near when it was done by Andy Wilman's crew but is generally alright. TG UK is also trying to be funny, takes a lot of effort, but miserably fails. Hope TGA won't be that bad.

Going grocery shopping this morning - no Breakfast or Coffee.

Early morning movie will be "Conan The Barbarian."

The mid-day movie I selected is "Mother Lode" and the late nighter will be "An Officer and A Gentleman."

Current Top Gear UK is nowhere near when it was done by Andy Wilman's crew but is generally alright. TG UK is also trying to be funny, takes a lot of effort, but miserably fails. Hope TGA won't be that bad.
MT Channel is rerunning the Brit version Top Gear and it still plays well.
The US version just didn't have the snap.

Back
Top Bottom