Favorite Movies

I received the movie "Chocolat" today and watched it. This is a wonderful food related movie.

I got some new movies today, a 3-pack, the Jason Bourne Trilogy. Included are "The Bourne Identiy", "The Bourne Supremacy" and "The Bourne Ultimatum."

I am watching "The Bourne Identity" right now.

I recently recieved a DVD miniseries collection for "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific."

full.jpg

I'm not normally a fan of miniseries, but these two are sort of classic.

I have been watching "The X Files: Fight For The Future" this morning and will watch the 2nd movie later today. I have never seen it before.

I have just learned that there is a third X Files movie that was supposedly released in November 2021, last month. I can't find a title for it, only discussions about it being done.

Maybe the 3rd X Files movie will be based on "The X Files Year Zero" book?

With the Christmas holiday just 2 weeks away, I got an old Christmas movie that I find fitting for the holidays, - "Miracle on 34th Street."

My only other Christmas movies are the 1938 and 1951 versions of "A Christmas Carol."

Of course, for Hollywood, the Christmas holiday has traditionally been a movie ticket bonanza as folks get together and look for something to do during that holiday period. So there are lots of movies that have a taste of Christmas in them, but they are not 'Christmas Movies'.

BTW: I do not have a holiday movie category and so, the "A Christmas Carol" movies are placed in the Horror category. :okay:

With the Christmas holiday just 2 weeks away, I got an old Christmas movie that I find fitting for the holidays, - "Miracle on 34th Street."

My only other Christmas movies are the 1938 and 1951 versions of "A Christmas Carol."

Of course, for Hollywood, the Christmas holiday has traditionally been a movie ticket bonanza as folks get together and look for something to do during that holiday period. So there are lots of movies that have a taste of Christmas in them, but they are not 'Christmas Movies'.

BTW: I do not have a holiday movie category and so, the "A Christmas Carol" movies are placed in the Horror category. :okay:
All good movies. That 1951 Christmas Carol is widely regarded as the gold standard of all the versions, though there are many good ones to choose from.

Might I suggest "Christmas In Connecticut" from 1945, with Barbara Stanwyck? It may seem a little dated to some, but I think it fits right into today's food-obsessed culture. It's about a Martha Stewart-type NYC food columnist getting roped into hosting a returning veteran for a "real old-fashioned" Christmas at her country home in Connecticut - problem is, she's a total fraud, a fabrication, and now she's got to somehow pull this off. It's fun, it's sweet, and the wonderful Barbara Stanwyck is front and center.

I got some new movies today, a 3-pack, the Jason Bourne Trilogy. Included are "The Bourne Identiy", "The Bourne Supremacy" and "The Bourne Ultimatum."

I am watching "The Bourne Identity" right now.
Remember the books well. I also read a lot of Tom Clancy back in the day with The Hunt For Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger. I've also watched all the Ludlum Borne Movies as well as Clancy's.

Back
Top Bottom