Favorite Movies

I have a collection of DVDs, BluRay and Downloaded Videos.
Text
I had a collection of about 2000 DVDs until around 2012, and I sold them. Those days there were many shops that sold DVDs but now it's really hard to find one. Now there are shops everywhere that would save a movie to your flash drive for 20 Rupees. That's approximately 0.11 USD.
Sri Lanka never had any shops that sold genuine DVDs but there were Malaysian DVDs copied from the originals, even with all subtitle tracks.
With the arrival of Netflix in Sri Lanka, now people are increasingly watching films on Netflix.

The Breakfast movie this morning is another Sam Pickinpah movie - "Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia."

Later, I've selected an old Jack Nicholson favorite - "China Town."

The late nighter? Back to gangsters. I chose "The Godfather Part II."

Good Morning All. I hope you have much to look forward to today.

Again, for me, Breakfast is simply plain Oats with Water, plus my Coffee. The Breakfast movie while I do that and clear my sinus issues is the remainder of "Godfather II" which I did not finish watching last night, and another James Bond movie, "The Man With The Golden Gun."

While I am doing a simple Pasta meal later today, I have picked "Barry Lyndon", a very interesting adventure movie depicting the spoiled lives of a man who's self indulgent exploits bring fateful turns to the lives of many others.

The late nighter selected is "Breakhart Pass."

I've just watched "Class of 1999" (1990).

You could think that a fillum with Malcolm McDowell and Stacy Keach would be at least borderline good. WRONG!

They both must have been short of money.

Tough to Find Movies that are only available on a DVD or BluRay format not compatible with a region's player can be obtained and run in a couple ways (in order of preference) ...

1) Locate an online source that has created a hard to find movie on DVD or BluRay.
2) Download a computer DVD/BluRay App that will run multiple region formats. I have one that was completely free.
3) Locate a Download Source for Movies that have the movie. Sources like Vudu and MoviesAnyWhere are usually not good sources for hard to find movies.
4) DVD Players often have optional services that allow free viewing of movies, but with advertisements injected. Some of these services may allow downloads, but they are not likely going to source a hard to find movie.
5) Wait for the legal rights battles to end and finally be able to get the movie.
6) Forget it. The celluloid version of the movie was likely so bad that the movie could not be restored and will never again be available.

Tough to Find Movies that are only available on a DVD or BluRay format not compatible with a region's player can be obtained and run in a couple ways (in order of preference) ...
TEXT
YTS has a good collection of old films. I'm not sure about the seeds though. But the copies are really good.

I just ordered the following two movies, Clint Eastwood in "Absolute Power" and "The Fault In Our Stars."

I just ordered the following two movies, Clint Eastwood in "Absolute Power" and "The Fault In Our Stars."

I thought that was an excellent movie with a good cast. Completely different outcome from the book (David Baldacci).

I'm up early this morning as I expect to go to the grocers when they open at 06:00am.

No Coffee or Breakfast when I'm going out this early. While waiting to go, I am watching "The Eiger Sanction."

Later today I have picked "The Great Waldo Pepper."

The late night move I picked is "Jaws."

Back
Top Bottom