Favorite Movies

Good morning and happy Lunar New Year.

Breakfast this morning is the usual Coffee and Oats with the Breakfast movie being "Bloodsport", Jean Claude Van Damme's portrayal of Dux at the Kumite.

The mid-day movie will be "Blue Velvet", a very kinky sort of thriller.

And the lat night movie? I have selected another cave man movie "Clan of The Cave Bear" with Darryl Hanna.

Unfortunately Secret of Santa Vittoria has no seeds to download. I requested it from a few torrent sites and waiting now.
If anyone is interested in downloading Whisky Galore here it is. :)

Unfortunately Secret of Santa Vittoria has no seeds to download. I requested it from a few torrent sites and waiting now.
If anyone is interested in downloading Whisky Galore here it is. :)

Both of these movies are available on e-Bay at reasonable pricing, around $10 USD each.

I like the genre and specifications I read. Both are apparently, comedies. I have both on order.

NOTE: There are two versions of "Whiskey Galore", 1949 and 2016 remake. I ordered the 2016 version.

flyinglentris it's the 2016 one I said yes. You wasted no time in ordering them :)
We can't get ebay dvds here as the shipping is really high with many sellers. Sometimes the item is 10 USD and weighs 50g. But shipping, that's only if available, is 60USD.

flyinglentris it's the 2016 one I said yes. You wasted no time in ordering them :)
We can't get ebay dvds here as the shipping is really high with many sellers. Sometimes the item is 10 USD and weighs 50g. But shipping, that's only if available, is 60USD.
Within the US, shipping can be free and goes by a special class of US Post.

I just received the following movies I ordered: Ghengis Khan, The Ballad of Hogue Cable, Amadeus and Thelma & Louise. I will begin watching them tomorrow by filtering them into what I had planned.

G' day all. It's early here, 01:19am, but I am awake and can't get back to sleep without passing some time and doing some minor Breakfast; you know it by now - Oats and Coffee.

The Breakfast movie this morning is "Ghengis Khan", the 1965 version.

The mid-day movie will be "Ferris Bueler's Day Off", a wonderful comedy which unfolds in Chicago, the town where I grew up and then ran away to join the circus.

The late nighter will be "The Ballad of Cable Hogue", a Sam Peckinpah movie that I've never seen before.

Last edited:
Lunar New Year is over and I can return to generating dirty dishes again, but of course, will clean up right away afterwards. Oats and coffee for breakfast, as usual.

The breakfast movie this morning will be "The Fly", 1986 version.

For a mid day movie, I have picked "Amadeus."

And the late night movie will be "Heartbreak Ridge."

G' day all. It's early here, 01:19am, but I am awake and can't get back to sleep without passing some time and doing some minor Breakfast; you know it by now - Oats and Coffee.

The Breakfast movie this morning is "Ghengis Khan", the 1965 version.

The mid-day movie will be "Ferris Bueler's Day Off", a wonderful comedy which unfolds in Chicago, the town where I grew up and then ran away to join the circus.

The late nighter will be "The Ballad of Cable Hogue", a Sam Peckinpah movie that I've never seen before.
Watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off a few years ago. I liked it. So was Amadeus which I still have on my laptop. My favourite scene is his presentation to the prince to discuss a new opera.

Watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off a few years ago. I liked it. So was Amadeus which I still have on my laptop. My favourite scene is his presentation to the prince to discuss a new opera.

Yeah, "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" is a really enjoyable comedy.

The thing that stands out for me in Amadeus is the contrast between large numbers of simple minded reactionary people and just one or a few disciplined thinkers who plan their moves, don't politic out of fear, have no tendency to be sycophantic and perhaps, even go so far as to perceive the natures and personalities of those they interact with. And true enough, for the reactive people, it scares them. A crystal clear expression of genius is not a reaction, but a response to stimulus from outside and inside the psyche, all disciplined toward achievement of attainable goals. And what is a prodigy in terms of genius? Is that an accident of fate?

Yeah, "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" is a really enjoyable comedy.

The thing that stands out for me in Amadeus is the contrast between large numbers of simple minded reactionary people and just one or a few disciplined thinkers who plan their moves, don't politic out of fear, have no tendency to be sycophantic and perhaps, even go so far as to perceive the natures and personalities of those they interact with. And true enough, for the reactive people, it scares them. A crystal clear expression of genius is not a reaction, but a response to stimulus from outside and inside the psyche, all disciplined toward achievement of attainable goals. And what is a prodigy in terms of genius? Is that an accident of fate?
Now that you talked about prodigy and genius, based on Amadeus the film, Mozart is both a prodigy and a genius but not as much as to see his own path forward I think. To be honest I never cared to differentiate between the two, although they are two different traits. And "stimulus from outside and inside the psyche" that he had in spades, which again brings me to my favourite scene in which he impromptuly corrects the welcome music composed by Salieri.

Watched Hopscotch maybe for the hundredth time. It's one of my favourite films ever. There are, however, some scenes that don't logically fit in.
And starting Thelma and Louise now.

Back
Top Bottom