Favorite Movies

Watched Hopscotch maybe for the hundredth time. It's one of my favourite films ever. There are, however, some scenes that don't logically fit in.
And starting Thelma and Louise now.

I just received my "Thelma & Louise" dvd and will likely watch for the 2nd time ever, tomorrow.

It must be horrible to be a house wife.

Good morning and happy Lunar New Year.

Breakfast this morning is the usual Coffee and Oats with the Breakfast movie being "Bloodsport", Jean Claude Van Damme's portrayal of Dux at the Kumite.

The mid-day movie will be "Blue Velvet", a very kinky sort of thriller.

And the lat night movie? I have selected another cave man movie "Clan of The Cave Bear" with Darryl Hanna.
That second movie is BLOODY TERRIBLE! 😂

Have you read the books? They were great up until the last one at any rate.

I don’t know if they fit the “favourite Movie” categorie but we are having a Marvel / Avengers Marathon here.
Last night we watched Ant Man & Captain America : Civil War.

This week a friend & I went to see a strange new film called Promising Young Woman.

I didn’t know much about it but expecting a serial killer storyline. I was wrong.

The styling was fantastic.

That second movie is BLOODY TERRIBLE! 😂

Have you read the books? They were great up until the last one at any rate.

Blue Velvet, with Dennis Hopper starring in it, is BLOODY WIERD, to be sure. But I don't find it BLOODY TERRIBLE.

Good day to all. I'm out to the grocer today, so no breakfast and no coffee.

I'll watch a morning movie while I wait to take off and it will be "Thelma & Louise."

When I get back, the mid-day movie will be "Highlander."

The late night movie I have picked is the French movie "Jean de Florette." This is one of my favorite movies from Europe.

I've been meaning to watch Blue Velvet for ages since it's directed by David Lynch who also directed my favorite tv series, Twin Peaks, but I fear it's too much for me to stomach.

It's not a difficult movie to stomach. It's just weird.

When offered a choice between wide screen and standard movie aspect ratios, which do you choose - and why?

G' day everyone. I hope you all had a splendid V day. I'm going to be a busy boy today, starting out with my usual boring oats and coffee breakfast and proceeding to chase my first German dark rye bread. All the while, I will be trying to overcome the habit of capitalizing food items in my posts. :p:

I also plan on another wine challenge recipe. A man must eat to live.

Today's oats and coffee movie will be "The Last Days of Patton", a movie which likely, will not appeal to everyone.

Then while getting down on baking and cooking, the mid-day movie will be an excellent musical comedty, the 1986 version of "Little Shop of Horrors."

The late night movie will force me to learn French while reading subtitles, returning to Jean de Florette and the second companion movie "Manon of The Spring."

I prefer wide. Reason is that when it's regular ratio you can still watch it on wide-screen. But not vice versa.

I prefer widescreen because artistically, the director of movies, the editors and other staff created the movies that way - and the TV square aspect ratio clips things, sometimes important things from the scenes in the movie.

And you put it right. For those films created with the square aspect ratio, they still show OK in WS.

I prefer widescreen because artistically, the director of movies, the editors and other staff created the movies that way - and the TV square aspect ratio clips things, sometimes important things from the scenes in the movie.

And you put it right. For those films created with the square aspect ratio, they still show OK in WS.
On mobile. I have a reply (proving what you said) but need to use laptop to type. So, later

G' day once again. Today was sort of messy for me. I blotched my first attempt at German dark rye bread. I forgive myself. I will analyze what I did and give it another try.

The day starts with oats and coffee here again. The breakfast movie will be an interesting adventure move "The Mission", about missionaries struggling against political forces and native people in South America.

The mid-day movie will be "The Name of The Rose" which is an intriguing movie about monastery life gotten out of hand when the evil demon turns out to be a monk who does not appreciate laughter.

The late night movie will be "The Hidden", a movie about aliens who take human form by usurping victim bodies and playing havoc while one tries to set things to rights.

Back
Top Bottom